Why so little respect for the synthetic "instruments" we're creating?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Well the men don't know, but the little girls, understand."

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:18 pm the doors? isnt that val kilmers band?
Only for a brief time. :wink:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm
well gotham needed a hero.
unfortunately only val was free :cry:

Bones, leave my thread. You're only stirring up hard feelings here, and you're not contributing anything useful to the thread itself. If you want to be combative to others, do so in a thread of your own making. You're not welcome here.
BONES wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:27 am
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 amAnd this is a classic example of why I hate this forum.
No, I think it is more of an example of why so many people on this forum hate you.
I post statistics disproving the initial statement and so then the goal posts get moved and then the insults begin to further "prove" how wrong I am.
Nothing got moved, you just can't extract the correct meaning from the words on the page in front of you. Far from disproving it, your statistics actually backed up my point, which I was able to show by giving them context. To give it a bit more, nobody in their right mind would have that Peter Andre was ever popular anywhere, yet he had more than twice as many charting singles in Australia as The Doors, including a no. 1.
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 amNot whose dick is bigger.
You really don't have a sense of humour, do you? Dave's comment was inspired by the ages I gave in response to your question. Think about it.
Regardless of what bands were BIGGER than the Doors in Australia, the Doors WERE known there. You said you didn't hear of them until the 80s.
No, that's not what I said at all. I said "A bit like The Doors, who only became really popular decades after Morrison died." I then used an example of a Doors song that was no. 1 in the US and failed to chart at all in Australia. I'd heard Riders on the Storm and Love Her Madly enough to remember them but that's about it. Then, 20 years later, The Doors music is on the radio very regularly and I hear a lot of their songs I'd never heard before, Light My Fire being the really obvious example, as it was a song I had heard many times as a child but never sung by Jim Morrison. But I'm sure that growing up on the exact opposite side of the planet gave you far greater insight into what was being played on the radio in Sydney than me actually hearing what was being played on the radio. So really, I don't know what I was doing relating experiences from my own life when I could simply have asked you for your worthless f**king opinion. Now go away and NEVER un-foe me again.
AnX wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:16 amso cock size has been swapped for age now?
Mate, and that was on the flop!
GlenVision.com

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:23 pm
...and worth every penny...

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:29 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:23 pm
...and worth every penny...
id have paid him millions not to do it tbh.

i should add, although i wasn't around in 67 (i was -7ish at that point in your history) i did hear the doors early on in my life (along with lots of other classic rock type stuff) from my aunts and uncles.
and as much as i looked forward to the film coming out, i also hated the fact that now everybody assumed i was in to them because of the film :cry:
obviously, if it happened now, i wouldn't give a shit, but at that age, you cared what other people thought of you.

although, without reading back (does anybody actually do that?) im not sure how the doors have come up in a conversation about "synth sounds"?
you sure you weren't thinking of kraftwerk?

Probably. That sounds about right.

One could say on a pure technicality, the Vox Continental organ Ray Manzarek used on the first Doors album employed a rudimentary form of additive synthesis. The Hammond B3 he later acquired did as well. However, no one has been talking about this so far.
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm One could say on a pure technicality, the Vox Continental organ Ray Manzarek used on the first Doors album employed a rudimentary form of additive synthesis. The Hammond B3 he later acquired did as well. However, no one has been talking about this so far.
while i understand that, its not like he was using a massive array of sounds.
it was organ. nothing more nothing less, as much as i love both the doors and the actual sound of an organ, they do not belong in here!

reported!

McLilith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm However, no one has been talking about this so far.
has anyone mentioned jim getting his "little lad" out a lot?

McLilith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm One could say on a pure technicality, the Vox Continental organ Ray Manzarek used on the first Doors album employed a rudimentary form of additive synthesis. The Hammond B3 he later acquired did as well. However, no one has been talking about this so far.
Don't remember him playing a B3, but after the Vox I think he moved on to a Gibson G101

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:04 pm
McLilith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm However, no one has been talking about this so far.
I've heard he got his knob out a lot too ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:04 pm
I've heard he got his knob out a lot too ...
ok, maybe they do belong in a synth thread? :shrug:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:06 pm
Don't remember him playing a B3, but after the Vox I think he moved on to a Gibson G101
Yes. First, it was a Vox Continental, than later a Gibson G101. He also used toured with a chopped down Hammond B3, but that was apparently after Morrison passed away.

Note: I found the Hammond reference on this site:

https://equipboard.com/pros/ray-manzarek
GlenVision.com

Return to “Instruments”