Issues with norCtrack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I bought something about norCtrack in 2017.
Because I didn't know my password for a new purchase, I wanted to reset my password what is not possible. I can't see Captcha on this page: https://vst-store.com/users/forgot-password.html . Can you see it?

I also wrote some mails due to the old purchase (reactivation of my download links should be possible as the company stated) but got no answer at all.

Anyone could help? :phones:

-Juljan

I don't see the Captcha either ... best mail 'em again imho.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I don't see the Captcha either ... best mail 'em again imho.
Already did that around ten times since December ...

Try a different browser...

I tried to register to get some free stuff. No caption on the registration page. Tried FireFox with ad-blocker and Internet Explorer without ad-blocker.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:I tried to register to get some free stuff. No caption on the registration page. Tried FireFox with ad-blocker and Internet Explorer without ad-blocker.
At least I am not the only one. :D

Aloysius wrote:I tried to register to get some free stuff. No caption on the registration page. Tried FireFox with ad-blocker and Internet Explorer without ad-blocker.
Password reset does work now - maybe also registration.

^ Thanks. I'll check it out. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I am not surpriced that their service is poor. Their products is fairly cheap, but you also get what you pay for :neutral: Luckily I checked it out with a couple of torrents of their products before swinging the Visa card, and found that the samples is ok, but very poorly looped. For many of their sounds its very clearly that this has been done with "only" the basic settings of an autosampler program without any whatsoever hands on fine editing of the sounds. The loops are all generic 1-2 sec. forward loops until end without any use of x-fading. These Auto sample programs are very usefull and easy to use for synth textures where the looping isn't a big problem, and the programs auto looping is often good enough for creating eg. synth pad sounds,but when resampling an existing sample of acoustic instruments where you eg. have a built in vibrato on the sample or sound, like eg a sax sample, you cant use too long loops, you have to fine tune the loop to be hidden within the timing of the vibrato so it doesn't sound like a broken vinyl record.
I was able to within 10 min of looking at such a sax sample from within Kontakt from their Roland Fantom X pack for Kontakt to find some much better loop points wich can be fine tuned later dependent on how picky you are, and I only have a very basic knowledge of editing sounds in Kontakt. I wouldn't recommend these libraries unless you have a very limited budget and arent picky at all about looping. and don't use very many sustained notes on these kind of sounds. If you have access to various synths (go sound like you wanna buy it in a local store that have it in stock), borrow it a couple days to check it out, go buy eg Extreme sample converter or what works for you or your gear, and rip what sounds you can untill you have to return it. You can always finetune the sounds later on if you arent happy with the loop points the program have chosen, and then save it in a format your instrument or soft sampler supports. Programs like Extreme Sample Converter can often also sample direct from a std vst2 and maybe also vst3 virtual instrument, if you buy their "Pro" or top version of the programs. Its a very handy way of getting eg that killer brass band arrangement you used in the studio from eg. Kontakt, and have it with you on the gig with the band, without having to drag an army of computer gear and software synths around

Return to “Instruments”