If you buy a tape vst today.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

#3 best band in history in a Norwegian newspaper :party: :borg:

4damind wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 pm #3 best band in history in a Norwegian newspaper :party: :borg:
After Burzum and Mayhem.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:52 pm
4damind wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 pm #3 best band in history in a Norwegian newspaper :party: :borg:
After Burzum and Mayhem.
Just reading about Mayhem now :shock:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:12 pm
After Burzum and Mayhem.
Varg Vikernes has a great YouTube channel and a surprisingly relaxing speaking voice.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:27 pm
After Burzum and Mayhem.
Varg Vikernes has a great YouTube channel and a surprisingly relaxing speaking voice.
I thought I just read he was in jail for murder and burning 3 churches?

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:29 pm
After Burzum and Mayhem.
He was released a few years ago.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:32 pm
After Burzum and Mayhem.
Still. Sounds like a nice guy :lol:

all just part of the "genre" :shrug:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:39 pm

After Burzum and Mayhem.
He has a lot of knowledge of paganism in Norway that he shares on YouTube, which is really interesting. I have no real judgement on his actions as it has been suggested that he was in a 'me or him' situation. A lesson not to make idle threats because someone might take them seriously. Essentially, natural selection played out.

EDIT: Kind of off topic. Sorry about that.
Last edited by Unaspected on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:41 pm all just part of the "genre" :shrug:
This. I love the music but hate the bullshit that goes along with it.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:49 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:39 pm
He has a lot of knowledge of paganism in Norway that he shares on YouTube, which is really interesting. I have no real judgement on his actions as it has been suggested that he was in a 'me or him' situation. A lesson not to make idle threats because someone might take them seriously. Essentially, natural selection played out.

EDIT: Kind of off topic. Sorry about that.
Ok. TBF to him my knowledge of the subject extends to a hurried 30 second reading of the first article I found.

Will check out his channel :tu:

BERFAB wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:44 pm As someone who's been into home recording since the early '80's, the advent of tape emulation plugs is something that has always made me chuckle. Those of us of a certain age have spent most of our formative years trying to figure out how to eliminate hiss and other artifacts inherent in the analog recording process. Now not only have noise-inducement plugs been invented, but the quality of that noise is now coveted and sold at a premium. Don't get me wrong, I own (and use) my fair share of these things, but the irony is not lost on me.

Obviously, I'm an old(er) guy, so if you'll excuse me, I now have to go and chase school children off my lawn, feed the pigeons, and rant about the government...

Cheers
-B
:lol: Don’t chase ‘m over to my lawn!

I’m the same. There’s no way I’d deal with actual tape again. I’m so glad those days are over. I have a theory that more than the response of tape, people miss the noise. It provides a sense of space that’s missing from a lot of ultra clean digital recordings. As a guitar player, I luckily never have to deal with a mix that’s not got some noise. :help:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

WTF, people recommending Varg Vikernes youtube channel on KVR without mentioning Varg is a unrepetent nazi who already killed people and is barely a step removed from a mass murderer like Anders Breivik.

Exactly my thoughts. He lives in Southern France now and is apparently as dangerous, right-wing and crazy as ever.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

escalona wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:32 am
bmanic wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:03 pm IK Multimedia Tape bundle. By far the best tape emulation I've heard to this day. Yes, including Acustica Audio Taupe which I also like a lot but it can't do proper crunched tape due to the technology limitations. It can go quite far considering the tech but not far enough.

It's worth noting though that Taupe is a massive package with an amazing EQ and a decent compressor included as well!
but... but... it is IK Multimedia!!!

I mean, it has the word "Multimedia" in it!! Like back in the older days of Netscape Navigator!!
:lol: 8) :hihi:
:lol:

I know.. I know. I thoroughly dislike the company in general (mainly the custom shop and all the annoyances that come with that) but I can not help but be amazed by the quality of this particular plugin suite. It is the definitive tape plugin suite at the moment. There's just no way around that.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”