[1.0.1 firmware available now] UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
ghettosynth
KVRAF
12045 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Wed May 15, 2019 10:44 pm

rob_lee wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm
Reefius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am
Only one mono output? No thanks.
My thoughts also :o Lots of bouncing down here with this if you buy it. I was excited till I seen your post :lol:
I don't think that they could make a less interesting drum machine, for me, but, surely this is not the intended target audience, no? I'm pretty sure that this is targeting the new breed of live PAs and other budget bedroom artists that would just be annoyed at having to use up more than one input on their mixer, if they even have a mixer.

This only has one output too, they were way popular back in the day. (Ok, I take that back, if someone rereleased this, that would be a less interesting drum machine)

Image

rob_lee
KVRAF
7631 posts since 16 Oct, 2006 from North East UK

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 pm

ghettosynth wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:44 pm
rob_lee wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm
Reefius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am
Only one mono output? No thanks.
My thoughts also :o Lots of bouncing down here with this if you buy it. I was excited till I seen your post :lol:
I don't think that they could make a less interesting drum machine, for me, but, surely this is not the intended target audience, no? I'm pretty sure that this is targeting the new breed of live PAs and other budget bedroom artists that would just be annoyed at having to use up more than one input on their mixer, if they even have a mixer.

This only has one output too, they were way popular back in the day. (Ok, I take that back, if someone rereleased this, that would be a less interesting drum machine)

Image
In 2019 tho it'd be pretty cool if everyone just did it the way Roland did it.. stream all channels as audio down USB.. Clearly with some developers the penny hasn't dropped. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ghettosynth
KVRAF
12045 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm

rob_lee wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 pm
ghettosynth wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:44 pm
rob_lee wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm
Reefius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am
Only one mono output? No thanks.
My thoughts also :o Lots of bouncing down here with this if you buy it. I was excited till I seen your post :lol:
I don't think that they could make a less interesting drum machine, for me, but, surely this is not the intended target audience, no? I'm pretty sure that this is targeting the new breed of live PAs and other budget bedroom artists that would just be annoyed at having to use up more than one input on their mixer, if they even have a mixer.

This only has one output too, they were way popular back in the day. (Ok, I take that back, if someone rereleased this, that would be a less interesting drum machine)

Image
In 2019 tho it'd be pretty cool if everyone just did it the way Roland did it.. stream all channels as audio down USB.. Clearly with some developers the penny hasn't dropped. :lol: :lol: :lol:
For sure, but, in the analog domain that actually does drive the price up. Roland has yet to release anything new that's actually analog. It's very common at this price point in analog mixers to only have a two channel USB interface as well. That's part of the double edge of analog. You can't have it both ways, if you want it over USB, you have to digitize it.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob_lee
KVRAF
7631 posts since 16 Oct, 2006 from North East UK

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Wed May 15, 2019 10:54 pm

ghettosynth wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm
You can't have it both ways, if you want it over USB, you have to digitize it.
Totally agree there mate :tu:

User avatar
Ryan_IK
KVRist
63 posts since 11 Feb, 2015 from Sunrise, FL

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:05 pm

New performance out with the UNO Synth and UNO Drum from The Sound Test Room. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnOxYw ... PodeSxAEH0
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Check out the new UNO Synth Tutorial Series here!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8349 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Is the Uno Drum white or the yellowish-creamy colour it looks in the video? And which one do people prefer? Give me black every time. Anything else is a distraction for the audience on stage.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win10),Behringer QX1002USB, Cubase Pro 10, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block M, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt.

User avatar
nevis
KVRist
179 posts since 17 Dec, 2016 from Germany

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:02 am

BONES wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:14 pm
Is the Uno Drum white or the yellowish-creamy colour it looks in the video?
The one I have is like this:
Panels/sides are bright white, as are the knobs. Similar to the Skulpt shade of white you know. The top white surface with the buttons has a slightly milky glassy transparenty look, making it appear a bit darker than the knobs and side panels.
No yellow/cream though.

This photo captures the difference a bit:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/img/librar ... 6A4571.jpg

It sounds quite nice, too. If that's important?

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8349 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm

OK, thanks for the detailed description. I didn't realise it was shipping yet but I'm not interested in a drum machine, especially not one with a single output. NI Battery will always be a better option.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win10),Behringer QX1002USB, Cubase Pro 10, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block M, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt.

User avatar
LaptopMusicianBlog
KVRer
25 posts since 7 Jun, 2019

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:51 am

I really like the design of this machine, and for the price, I think it looks and sounds good. I will certainly buy it when I'll have the extra cash for a new toy.

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6430 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine announced - Superbooth 19

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 pm

UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
Don't need to come out of the woods when everybody knows what's best :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”