Darker Piano Roll/Arranger area?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Piano roll's not elegant.not even decent.for me

maybe some themes and snap interface with some creative tools will make it excellent along with the rest of the daw.

+1

They need to add different themes for people with sensitivity to bright colors or purely preference. Some people do really feel more comfort with a darker/more colorful/or just more control over the visual feel of the program. Not feeling at all the color chosen for the piano roll and arrangement background. Looks like a notebook. And notebooks remind me of school.

I hated school.

Also, that little thin colored line on the edge of the track is just way too thin. How about the option to color the whole thing. Would look nicer and would also look more defined which will make tracks easier to identify and find. Fact.

Dan_CF wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:55 pm Also, that little thin colored line on the edge of the track is just way too thin. How about the option to color the whole thing. Would look nicer and would also look more defined which will make tracks easier to identify and find. Fact.
They did that once and it just about made it unusable with the thin Waveform and tiny markers.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:48 pm
Dan_CF wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:55 pm Also, that little thin colored line on the edge of the track is just way too thin. How about the option to color the whole thing. Would look nicer and would also look more defined which will make tracks easier to identify and find. Fact.

I meant only the track header. Surely it’s better no?
They did that once and it just about made it unusable with the thin Waveform and tiny markers.

Ah, I thought you were talking about the editing background. I rarely have difficulty remembering what I'm editing, but I don't have a ton of tracks. I think maybe it would look good if the clip listings were colored like they are in the arranger. If that's what you mean, agreed. ;-)

Wasn't the background coloured when 2.0 was released and everyone lost it and complained?

Commenting to keep track of this post.

Zacchino wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:35 am Commenting to keep track of this post.
You can also subscribe to it without commenting. See that wrench icon top-left next to Post Reply button (under the topic title)
((( ~ )))

kiedo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:02 am Wasn't the background coloured when 2.0 was released and everyone lost it and complained?
Can’t remember when it was exactly, but it was very hard on the eyes.

so support told me they are not planning to add this feature. If, like me, you would like it to be added, please make a feature request.

just put my vote in via email. Theming bitwig in these kind of ways is one of my top 3 most wanted features.

XandY wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:16 am just put my vote in via email. Theming bitwig in these kind of ways is one of my top 3 most wanted features.
Yep, my top list too. I hope if the Bitwig team receives requests from many different users, they will add it.

It might be nice, but it’s nowhere near the top of my list. There’s too many other things unfinished.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm It might be nice, but it’s nowhere near the top of my list. There’s too many other things unfinished.
oh yes, Bitwig is strangely unbalanced DAW. it's got some amazing unique features, but it also misses some basic "must have" features. piano roll functionality is awful for example.

Return to “Bitwig”