How to do really long stretched samples?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How does one stretch out samples insanely long without making the sample sound distorted?

Like for example I want to stretch out crash (that is stretched out in the first place) 16 - 32 bars but that makes the sample distorted.

Please, I need help!

use paulstretch.

I second vurt's recommendation. Also, the newest version of MuLab (ver. 8, I believe) has a pretty impressive time stretch algorithm.

feralsystems wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 pm I second vurt's recommendation. Also, the newest version of MuLab (ver. 8, I believe) has a pretty impressive time stretch algorithm.
haven't used mulab myself, but have read good things about it :tu:

however, as good as some of these tools are, some sounds will end up with artefacts. not sure how far a car crash can be stretched without it getting noisy tbh?
if the above suggestions don't work...

try cutting it in to smaller slices, maybe 4 or 5, then stretching each one individually as far as you can before the artefacts get to much for you.
then line them up on the track so the last one ends where you need it to.

you may be left with space between the slices, which you can then, copy bits of the stretched pieces and use them to fill the gaps.

hope this helps :)

(can you tell ive gone from phone to pc? :lol: )

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:15 pm (can you tell ive gone from phone to pc? :lol: )
Definetaly, maybe even from phone to pc to phone!

Thanks!

Paulstretch, or a granular synth that can move the position slowly and randomize it a bit to smooth it out.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:16 pm Paulstretch VST is here: https://xenakios.wordpress.com/paulxstretch-plugin/
:oops:
you can count on me to forget the important bit.

Return to “Production Techniques”