Removed for revision

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, this one's hot off the press. I really like this one, and I'll probably make a video for it to accompany the release of my upcoming album. With that, seeing as though I plan to give this song a bit of push, I thought I'd get some second opinions before it officially "drops" :hihi: . Cheers team! :tu:

Removed for revision... because Soundcloud's given the song a bunch of fake listens... cheers Soundcloud, but that doesn't help. :roll:
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.75

Comments: It's nice to listen to stuff done by somebody who knows how to make what he does sound good. Thanks for sharing this. Best thing I've listened to here today. Good luck with it.

Excellent work. All catchy and pleasing in the sonic sense. However, if I may, the gated vocals took me out of the flow. To me they were obvious and not needed (not needed in a nice way).
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Morgaxx wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:29 am Excellent work. All catchy and pleasing in the sonic sense. However, if I may, the gated vocals took me out of the flow. To me they were obvious and not needed (not needed in a nice way).
Cheers, when you said "gated vocals" I initially thought you meant the screamy bit during the last choruses... but I think you mean the long one with tape-stop effect during the first chorus. Hmmmm, I was just trying to be a bit clever. :hihi:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:50 am My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.75

Comments: It's nice to listen to stuff done by somebody who knows how to make what he does sound good. Thanks for sharing this. Best thing I've listened to here today. Good luck with it.
Cool, thanks! I do reckon this one's done, but it's nice to get a second opinion. :tu:

Top notch songwriting. An enjoyable listen. :tu:

Other feedback:

* The vocals are too low. No need to bury them considering how good your voice is.
* I liked the sound at 0:36 the first time I heard it but having it repeat so often is irritating.
* The mix is muddy with too much reverb.
* I am not sure what you are saying at 2:34 but those words don't fit in the space allotted. :)

Despite all of the above nitpicking, this is a great song.

Frantz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:03 am Top notch songwriting. An enjoyable listen. :tu:

Other feedback:

* The vocals are too low. No need to bury them considering how good your voice is.
* I liked the sound at 0:36 the first time I heard it but having it repeat so often is irritating.
* The mix is muddy with too much reverb.
* I am not sure what you are saying at 2:34 but those words don't fit in the space allotted. :)

Despite all of the above nitpicking, this is a great song.
Cool, thanks. I am going to have another look at the mix, I'll try a few things. I knew the "too much reverb" comment was coming... it always is! :lol:
The annoying noise is a clap, but I was playing with effects and ended up distorting it, then expanding it with ADT, it's where a clap should be, but it ended up not sounding like a clap... but I kind of like it, I think it fills gaps between the sparse vocals.

an-electric-heart wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:10 am The annoying noise is a clap, but I was playing with effects and ended up distorting it, then expanding it with ADT, it's where a clap should be, but it ended up not sounding like a clap... but I kind of like it, I think it fills gaps between the sparse vocals.
I think it would be good to use that sound for every second (or possibly fourth) clap and use a normal clap the rest of the time. The sound would remain interesting without becoming irritating.

Return to “Music Cafe”