Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Noumena wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:44 am they tweeted that full MPE is baked in.
Great news! Thanks :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:01 am
Noumena wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:44 am they tweeted that full MPE is baked in.
Great news! Thanks :tu:
:clap: MPE and twenty something modes of synthesis...I'm really looking forward to going on safari in the sonic jungle with Lion.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

legendCNCD wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:58 am Anyone have that video elsewhere than at fecesbook? If not, ignore..
I don't have a facebook account, but I can view the video without signing up for anything :tu:

that does sound interesting, MPE too.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:39 pm
legendCNCD wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:58 am Anyone have that video elsewhere than at fecesbook? If not, ignore..
I don't have a facebook account, but I can view the video without signing up for anything :tu:
Well I always just get the login to see crap popup so ... ignore it is :)
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I'm hoping we get to hear some more audio demos of Lion before it's released. Already I'm eying my stable of synths for one or two to sacrifice for it.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

Any news on some first sound demos or when it will be released in july? have to keep myself together to not spend money on massive x right now :hihi:

Lion seems to be under MASSIVE pressure... :scared:

Just popped in the back to say that the aliasing police are out front with batons ready to bash down the door :roll:
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 pm Just popped in the back to say that the aliasing police are out front with batons ready to bash down the door :roll:
I look forward to clashing with them over our aesthetic decisions about which oscillator modes to band-limit :lol:

I'm one of the betatesters and wanted to share some short thoughts on Lion:)
it is like nothing I've played with. it is very - in lack of better words - organic, alive, doesn't feel synthetic at all, fat, BOC-ish. plus the oscs go through some original mixing algos and after that - BYOME structure of fx. and vast modulation possibilities. it is a joy to my ears... I've seen ppl here comparing it with Massive X. It is nothing like that:) Massive X sounds sterile and "german" compared to Lion. Lion reminds me somehow of Sugar Bytes FACTORY but... it is not that:) (*I like Factory a lot)
don't blame me being confused by Lion- it IS an very intriguing synth! (mind you- clean and clear to operate yet the sounds are bit diffrent of what you get from other virtual synths)

voila- decipher what you can:)
August is not that far away.

My concern is that the success of LION may be hurt by the current uproar about the new Plugin Alliance pricing scheme. I expect LION to be a rather expensive release. Look at the recent six new products coming from PA: crazy intro prices.

If this pricing level is applied to LION then the number of sold items would be quite disappointing for the Unfiltered guys. Pity for them. And I would be disappointed not to have this interesting synth. But I will clearly not pay over the top amounts for the twentieth synth in my plugin folder. However, we will see...

Yeah, if they don't have a reasonable crossgrade from BYOME or other PA stuff I'm going to be sad. The synth looks cool but I'm not going to pay $250 for it and I have no interest in their ridiculous subscription.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

wakax wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pmI'm one of the betatesters and wanted to share some short thoughts on Lion:)
Would you recommend me to wait for it, or get Phaseplant right now instead? :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Instruments”