Kontakt 6 vs Omnisphere 2 for Pads

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, :wink:

I'll buy Kontakt 6 or Omnisohere 2 for nice smooth Pads for Melodic House, Melodic Techno & Minimal Music.
Need a big Sodtware Pad Machine for smooth pads.

Who can help?

Peace
Patrick
Scotty's Arrival

Without going too deep and based on what you have mentioned, first choice would be Omnisphere 2 between the two. Probably the only built-in K6 library for your use would be Ethereal Earth. So, you might need to spend on getting some other pads libraries.

But I would suggest you also consider some new synths instead (perhaps Massive X, Pigments, Hive 2, etc.).

Thanks for information. :wink:
Here my equipboard, there you see what I have now.

https://equipboard.com/patrickwolf1

I have enough Synths.
I just need a padmachine.
Scotty's Arrival

That's my studio...

Scotty's Arrival

You already have too much stuff... Better focus on your music and forget collecting more gear. If you can't get a decent pad out of your synths, better buy a third party preset bank, but you already have many good pad presets in your owned synths.

VirusTI82 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:00 am Thanks for information. :wink:
Here my equipboard, there you see what I have now.

https://equipboard.com/patrickwolf1

I have enough Synths.
I just need a padmachine.
Damn! That is an enormous list.

As anomandaris1 rightly said, you do not need anything else.

I need special pads.
Omnisphere sounds good for this.
Scotty's Arrival

You have plenty of "padmachines" already. Zebra and Diva to begin with, I also think LuSH-101 and Largo are great for that. You also have Loom and Padshop (I would upgrade to Pro version though).

I think Predator (both of them) from Rob Papen are great for Pads, and B.I.T. too. But you are missing Blue II from Rob Papen, perfect for pads (IMO). I would aldo want to recommend Diversion from Dmitry Sches.

But if I had too choose between Kontakt and Omnisphere for pads, Omnisphere, 7 days a week.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Looking at your list of gear, my immediate response was you don’t need anything else. However, Omnisphere is that one synth that is almost always easy to find a place for. It has a huge library, which includes the still-great ‘Atmosphere’, and a ton of great sound-sources to make pads etc. Add to that, a lot of great hybrid and organic instruments (Which you don’t seem to have).

Kontakt is also a good option if you think that you will have any interest in orchestral/cinematic/acoustic libraries. You can also get pad instruments for Kontakt (Luftrum’s Lunaris springs to mind). Of course, this flexibility comes at a cost i.e buying the extra libraries.

One other thing to consider is that there are many libraries that work with the free Kontakt player. Lunaris is one of them, and it might even still be on sale👍🏻

I’ve loved Spectrasonics’ libraries since buying a boxed copy of Atmosphere about 13 years ago. And Omnisphere is my proverbial ‘desert island synth’. I don’t own Kontakt, but have a nice little selection of libraries that work with the player. For me, it’s a great combo👍🏻

Or, since you're posting to the DSP Development section, you could program your own pad-generator... :)

:lol: :hihi:

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”