Waldorf Quantum - 8-voice hybrid synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deastman wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:24 pm Just curious, has anyone tried it with an MPE controller?
Who cares about MPE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

rob_lee wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 pm Who cares about MPE? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do

pdxindy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:00 pm
rob_lee wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 pm Who cares about MPE? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do
Well, considering I own a Seaboard Rise 49, LinnStrument, Haken Continuum, and several other expressive controllers... um...

I do!

Edit: not to mention that Waldorf specifically included a USB port to connect external controllers, so it doesn’t seem like a huge leap.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:44 pm
deastman wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:26 pm I accidentally a Quantum.
Ordered? Bought? Dumped in a swamp?
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-accidentally

My Quantum just arrived today and wow, does it sound great! Only problem now is that I’m afraid I’m going to have to stop questing after new gear and actually buckle down and make some music. Darn.

That's really a huge problem. :D

deastman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:05 am My Quantum just arrived today and wow, does it sound great! Only problem now is that I’m afraid I’m going to have to stop questing after new gear and actually buckle down and make some music. Darn.
reported!

deastman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:05 am My Quantum just arrived today and wow, does it sound great! Only problem now is that I’m afraid I’m going to have to stop questing after new gear and actually buckle down and make some music. Darn.
You like Quantum? Wait till you hear KYRA :tu:

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:59 pm
reported!
@Vurt

I have enough hardware now I'm needing help with a modular setup. I'm on that Modular Grid site, f**k me I like it.
I'm mainly after a rack of 909 modules to start off with. I'm liking the Erica Synths stuff so far, point me in the right direction mate :D

Rob

im really not the guy for anything beats related :hihi:
the erica stuff is top notch though :tu:

and yeah modular grid is great, for something similar to kvr though theres muffwiggler.com
plenty of folk there who can help, and as always youtube is great for researching modules, mylar melodies is a good place to start, he does some more "techno style" modular stuff, so youll get a better idea of whats best for you :)

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:39 pm im really not the guy for anything beats related :hihi:
the erica stuff is top notch though :tu:

and yeah modular grid is great, for something similar to kvr though theres muffwiggler.com
plenty of folk there who can help, and as always youtube is great for researching modules, mylar melodies is a good place to start, he does some more "techno style" modular stuff, so youll get a better idea of whats best for you :)

I seen that Techno Synth Modular by Erica synths at £4k lol but if you go through and search out the included modules separate it's way way cheaper to DIY it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah but I want drums first.. got 808 etc covered with Tanzbar 2 but from now on over the next 3yrs I aim to build a Modular System for my retirement :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don’t sell yourself short. I bet you’ll be lusting after some new synth in no time! You can do it if you believe!

Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

rob_lee wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:21 pm
What are your impressions of the Kyra?

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:24 pm
rob_lee wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:21 pm
What are your impressions of the Kyra?
Only heard some factory sounds from other designers (really really nice sounds) unfortunately there was only 5 units available so mine didn't get here yet as there are some more in production but Waldorf messaged and will let me know when mine is available. Right now I'm focused on Quantum. I emptied my unit and I have a blank canvas for some sound expansion design.

Kyra seems cool but doesn’t really offer me anything I can’t do already.

I’ve been in Eurorack for 23 years now, so my system is a bit larger than it really needs to be. My current favorite drum modules are the Prok drums. I absolutely love them paired with an Eloquencer. Add an Assimil8or for sampled drums, and I’m covered. Otherwise, I’ve sometimes enjoyed synthesizing my own equivalent of classic Roland drum sounds. It’s fun making your own 808 cowbell patches!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”