Kush plugins - terrible installer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased today Kush audio Reddi-plugin.
But their instealer seems to be impossible to download.
I´ve tried install it at least 10 times, over 10 hours, with 2 different computers, using a very good net connection.
At least the win installer first starts to download, but the download interrupts always after few minutes.

I must say, I hate developers, who bundle all the plugins under one installer. For install tiny little plugin, the customer has to dowload all the developers plugins-installer.

And even worse, when the developer has such a poor server, which can deliver tha installer to the customer.

Of course I have sent a note to the Kush support, without any reply, so far.

:( :ud: :?:

You won't like me for saying so, but mine went smoothly. It's possible that there is an intermittent problem. I'm sure they'll work it out.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:53 pm I must say, I hate developers, who bundle all the plugins under one installer. For install tiny little plugin, the customer has to dowload all the developers plugins-installer.
Huh?

The direct download link is at the bottom of this page. It's not a bundled installer with all their plugins.

Product Page:
https://www.thehouseofkush.com/products/reddi

Mac Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jpra0au2c ... 0.dmg/file

PC Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8sa4fa2p3 ... 0.zip/file

If you have a valid license on your iLok, those demo links will work to activate the plugin. Nothing else necessary.

If and when there are better /more smooth ways to install the plugin, why on earth the Kush sent me after the purchase the following download instruction:

Thanks for the Order!
Your Plugin Licenses will arrive shortly in a separate message with the subject line "License codes for order XXXXXX."
Download Links and Activation instructions can be found at
thehouseofkush.com/downloads

I think you have a good point, the email instructions could just provide the direct links. Anyway, it's a holiday weekend in the US so at least you can get up and running it with it now. Just used RedDI on a bass bus this weekend.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:20 pm I think you have a good point, the email instructions could just provide the direct links. Anyway, it's a holiday weekend in the US so at least you can get up and running it with it now. Just used RedDI on a bass bus this weekend.
Yes, thank you, that downloaded in 7 seconds.
Just for curiosity, try the thehouseofkush.com/downloads
-link (windows). For me it doesn't work.
And -I'm still waiting for the license, which obviously is manually (!)
generated, because after 12 h not yet delivered.

Still haven’t got reply to the download problem described above from Kush ”support”.

Nor they have sent me the product license...

I'm sorry man.

Harry_HH wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:47 pm Still haven’t got reply to the download problem described above from Kush ”support”.

Nor they have sent me the product license...
Sorry to hear that, it must be "one of these days" you`re in.
A friendly reminder after 3 days waiting may be of help.

I remember a short waiting time for license codes but not that long.
Kush purchases have always been the smoothest.

I test downloaded the Reddi from your link and went fine, the address changed to:
https://www.thehouseofkush.com/support/downloads
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar: Thank you for the kind participation. You are correct - sometimes things go to the wrong track, because of many reasons.
Patience is sometimes hard in these cases.
I just got the license (2 A.M.), in spite its late (or early) in this longitude, I proceeded succesfully the authorization. :)

I wanted to demo the Pusher.

First, macOS told me the installer was from an unidentified developer. I don’t like that, but I decided to give them a chance. I went to Security settings.

Then the installer told me that a newer version of the plugin was installed, and it would replace it with an older version.

I’ve never had anything installed from Kush Audio. Besides, it marked three of my drives with a yellow exclamation mark that all of these drives had a newer version of the plugin installed. Two of the drives were not even disks but a network mount and a read-only mount of the installer itself.

I canceled the install and contacted their support. Let’s see.

I've had issues with the Mediafire links Kush uses in the past and IIRC it was firewall related. It generally took several attempts to get the download to connect, if at all.

Never any problems in Windows, and I’ve bought or used a demo of almost every plugin of theirs.

Doesn’t mean there’s not an issue by any means, but it’s not universal.

Return to “Effects”