Update from Plugin Alliance (new pricing, new releases/partners, new installation mgr etc.)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

check your emails for interesting news from plugin alliance this morning. they are making moves. have to admit all moves have been pretty fair so far. they cancelled people's pickpack deals and just gave them the plugins. so you now own new plugins. said stay tuned for the "deal of a lifetime" coming up. said they want everyone on earth to have all their plugins.

Did someone mention Apple...?

someone try the new plugin alliance installers for me and let me know if it's going to break my plugins. also, if it's going to force me into a subscription situation.

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 pm someone try the new plugin alliance installers for me and let me know if it's going to break my plugins. also, if it's going to force me into a subscription situation.
They, ofcourse, won't force you into the subscription model. The plugins you "own" are yours.

exmatproton wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:34 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 pm someone try the new plugin alliance installers for me and let me know if it's going to break my plugins. also, if it's going to force me into a subscription situation.
They, ofcourse, won't force you into the subscription model. The plugins you "own" are yours.
it's been stated a thousand and one times on this forum. i don't own any software. you don't own software. they can take it away any time they choose. have you tried the new installs?

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:13 pm
exmatproton wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:34 pm
it's been stated a thousand and one times on this forum. i don't own any software. you don't own software. they can take it away any time they choose. have you tried the new installs?
That's why i wrote "own"... :dog:

I did install the latest update indeed. And "my" licenses are just the same, full licenses they were before.

this is the text from the email regarding the update;

New Major Update for Our Plugins (released July 10th)
This free update includes various bug fixes and improvements as well as compatibility with the macOS 10.14.5 Update & Windows 10 1903 Update. For more details visit our News-Page. If you have downloaded our plugins before July 10th, just grab the improved new versions now.

Re-Demo: Try Our Plugins Again!
We have recently reset all the demo licenses (trials) that have ever been generated with our system. This means that you can demo all of our plugins again. Even if you have already used demos of the plugins in the past! You can re-activate them from the plugin in your DAW.

thanks, all i wanted know is if i would still have the plug-ins after i used the new installer.

Return to “Instruments”