If you buy a vst plugin in 2030? Thoughts for our future!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In 2030, there will be nobody left. It will all have failed somehow. In 2040, we'll be making music from the moon, and it will be a hit.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 am When you look at plugins from 2008 and think of how far we've come, the answer is, not that far at all. I think 2030 won't look much different than today.
True. The plug-in world seems wide but not deep. How many plugins are cutting edge? The best new plug-in of the last year is probably Valhalla Delay (my unofficial, "IIRC" tally from a previous thread). It's damn nice. But it's another delay. Some say Echoboy can do what it does and more, with its under-the-hood tweaking options. People have been praising Hive 2. I'm sure it is great, but has it taken us in a new direction? I wonder.

What is cutting edge of late? Zynaptiq seems the most innovative to me. Crusher X is really out there, but it has been around for quite a while--keeps getting developed. Polyverse has come out with some nice stuff, but I don't know how unique it is. Unfiltered Audio has some funky stuff. Bitwig is seeming like it is pushing the envelope in a new direction.

Again, I'm thinking granular + morphing, with ever more complex control has possibilities.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Digivolt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:07 am Quantum computers will finally be able to replicate the randomness in analogue circuitry that gives it its magic, so emulations will actually sound like the real thing, the only problem is a quantum computer will cost more than an entire studio :D
Quantum Computer will own the studio and we will be fetching coffee for it.

vurt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:49 pm its so sweet you think humans will still be around :hug:
it will be robots ruled by cats.
with dogs as slaves!!!
I've been trying to explain this to my 7-year old so he's ready.

It will be the year that Korg Collection synths are optimized for displays larger than 800x600

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 am When you look at plugins from 2008 and think of how far we've come, the answer is, not that far at all. I think 2030 won't look much different than today.
Very true. I wasn't thinking exact date as the title says 2030, the OP then states 2040 or the future - which I took as "THE FUTURE"!!! Which, of course, never comes.

So I'll address the near future now...

iLok completely fails, forcing customers to acquire pirated versions of the software that they thought they owned.

An X-Factor styled plugin developer show also completely fails after a #metoo incident.

Plugin Alliance bankrupt Unfiltered Audio.

GAS is recognised as a psychological issue and drugs are produced which are meant to help reduce such behaviour - leading to several lawsuits as side-effects include death, blindness, impotence and death.

The last of the studio engineers who endorse Waves Audio dies.

The UK government addresses pollution caused by audio plugins by introducing a green tax on their use.

Probably should write something good. Andy from Cytomic discovers that he is actually Unbreakable and will likely live at least 600 years - during which time he successfully converts all audio hardware into plugins.

Unaspected wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm Probably should write something good. Andy from Cytomic discovers that he is actually Unbreakable and will likely live at least 600 years - during which time he successfully converts all audio hardware into plugins.
My prediction for Cytomic is very different. Mine would be: by 2030, The Scream 1.0 has been officially released and The Glue 2.0 is in beta.

[Love Andy's work, but speedy plugin releases clearly aren't his thing.]

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:34 pm
Unaspected wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm Probably should write something good. Andy from Cytomic discovers that he is actually Unbreakable and will likely live at least 600 years - during which time he successfully converts all audio hardware into plugins.
My prediction for Cytomic is very different. Mine would be: by 2030, The Scream 1.0 has been officially released and The Glue 2.0 is in beta.

[Love Andy's work, but speedy plugin releases clearly aren't his thing.]
Also why he might need 600 years. Mind you, he has developed a framework whilst coding The Scream, so future stomp boxes should be completed much more quickly in comparison. I can't wait for his ProCo RAT! 2020? Year of the rat? :hyper:

in 2040, i'll would expect for a plugins to be as good as Serum

Unaspected wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm
Very true. I wasn't thinking exact date as the title says 2030, the OP then states 2040 or the future - which I took as "THE FUTURE"!!! Which, of course, never comes.

iLok completely fails, forcing customers to acquire pirated versions of the software that they thought they owned.

An X-Factor styled plugin developer show also completely fails after a #metoo incident.

GAS is recognised as a psychological issue and drugs are produced which are meant to help reduce such behaviour - leading to several lawsuits as side-effects include death, blindness, impotence and death.

The UK government addresses pollution caused by audio plugins by introducing a green tax on their use.

Probably should write something good. Andy from Cytomic discovers that he is actually Unbreakable and will likely live at least 600 years - during which time he successfully converts all audio hardware into plugins.
who knew my ex was "the future"? ...

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:18 pm
Unaspected wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm

who knew my ex was "the future"? ...
:scared:

Most predictions of the future use current trends and assume that they continue (like all the '80s futuristic movies had crime spinning out of control in the cities)

Using that metric, I imagine we won't be buying plugins at all. It will all be subscription-based.

jeffb01 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:35 pm Most predictions of the future use current trends and assume that they continue to their extreme (like all the '80s futuristic movies had crime spinning out of control in the cities)

Using that metric, I imagine we won't be buying plugins at all. It will all be subscription-based.

in 2030 i have this AR device which let me control my DAW free in my living space. 4D Falcon and the 314th plugin from Melda..

Return to “Effects”