Studio furniture

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i can't believe ppl still have artex on their walls :o

its good if youre home alone and have an itchy back :)

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:24 pm its good if youre home alone and have an itchy back :)
yeah, if you like rubbing asbestos into your skin :scared:

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:24 pm its good if youre home alone and have an itchy back :)
Well it might protect you from the sun's UV rays...

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 pm
not really. but i do like not having to dislocate my shoulder just for an itch :hihi:

Long ago some office furnitures were built real heavy duty. Maybe there are still such product lines? Dunno.

Back in the 1970's the local federal Tennessee Valley Authority was selling off old office furniture and I bought a used secretary chair for $25 or whatever. It was in great shape except ugly orange color fabric with ineradicable chemical or food spill stains. I didn't care about the color or the stains and it was a real comfy office chair.

So anyway in the decades since I've bought and worn out and discarded several $300+ office chairs from places like Office Depot, who apparrently don't sell the "good stuff". Didn't take many years to completely break any of those (to my cheap perspective) expensive shoddy office chairs. Wheels broken, welds breaking, elevator mechanisms broken, sit in them and they dump you in the floor, etc.

Anyway I also continued to use that TVA used office chair from the 1970's and the only thing ever had to be done to it was the wife finally couldn't stand its ugly appearance and had it re-upholstered a decade or so ago. The dang thing has outlasted several Office Depot $300 office chairs and still going strong.

Maybe those old TVA office chairs were made by the same company that made the $600 toilet seats for the air force? We all heard about the high price, but maybe the $600 toilet seats were also real high quality tough-as-nails toilet seats. :)

Seriously, if there is some company that still makes office chairs as tough as my old TVA surplus chair, what do they cost I wonder? Thousands of bucks? And where do you go to buy them, if they are not sold in office supply stores?

Seems so many companies nowadays routinely replace all office gear every few years, maybe there is no incentive for tough-as-nails products any more? Dunno.

If I win the lottery, I may be buying this new-ish Thomann offering:
https://www.thomann.de/be/jaspers_150_6b.htm

...to replace my DIY multi-pedalboard rack. I still like that one, but it's based around the Behringer pedalboards - now that I've stopped using their daisy chained PSU, I might switch to Harley Benton pedalboards altogether. The Jaspers rack has wheels and seems to offer better access to more pedals compared to my DIY effort.

A cheaper solution to my particular problem might be DIY, or store furniture (but I haven't found any such solution that is available for EU customers who don't need 20).
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000Z5DMMI/ ... 3GVLMJKUEX
https://cnguanyu.en.made-in-china.com/p ... f-Bin.html

i'm interested in systems where you can vanish your gear setup easily - say, if you cannot have a dedicated room. i don't want the gear staring at me all the time, but i do want it set up and ready to use. it's for leisure hobby use, so i'm not considering resonances and standing waves so much, although by extension these must be considered, obviously.
smaller gear appeals to me, it's more of a jam-station, for working out the need to make some noise sometimes.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”