Channel Robot release S One a streamlined wave-shaping synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We here at Channel Robot are very pleased to announce the immediate release of S One a simplified version of our full wave shaping synth Shapiro. S One reduces Shapiro’s 5 oscillators to 2, but still offers a different approach to sound-generation, using it’s oscillators in a matched pair and allowing users to cross-fade between them. Outputs from the oscillator-pair passes through a Wave Shaper, which is controled with an envelope - and on into a dedicated filter section, with a wide range of filter types. The voice output is then passed through the effects section, then through CR's “Drift” analog-tuning emulation engine and into a legato system derived from their work on orchestral ROMplers.

S One allows an unprecedented control over where and when modulation can be applied, many controls have independent Note Velocity and Sample & Hold modulation sources that users can select. Users can use Note Velocity to set the voice volume, set the mix of the oscillators, set the amount of drive into the Wave Shaper and set the Filter Frequency, Sample & Hold can be applied to voice volume, mix, shape amount and filter frequency. Some of these are pretty standard but some are unique and give S One a huge amount of playability and control. Many controls also have a dedicated step-modulator too.

S One comes with an arpeggiator and CR's unique macro-like CC message assignments page.  Add to this the over 85 presets (and the presets system) and S One is a comprehensive professional package.  The only components missing from Shapiro are the second and sub-voices - everything else is in there.

For windows users S One comes with 64-bit and 32-bit VST plug-ins and 64-bit or 32-bit stand-alone versions. Mac users get VST and AU plug-ins and a stand-alone version. There's an install and set-up guide, a Mac package installer, a Windows Installer and a comprehensive manual.

Available now for only £5.00 from https://channelrobot.com/product/s-one/

https://soundcloud.com/channelrobot/sonedemoone
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Only 5? Cool! This seems like an interesting synth. You guys make stuff for Kontakt right? It didnt look like S One was made for Kontakt
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Yep only £5.00!

And also correct we do make Kontakt instruments, and yes this **ISNT** a Kontakt instrument its a VST/AU/standalone, all you need is a DAW and a midi controller....:-)

Cool stuff :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Does it support MPE? I guess the wave shaping is per voice. Is it applied before the amplitude envelope? And what shapes are possible. Some kind of chebyshev polynomials? I could not find any info about Shapiro on the web site...

Bought

*edit*

Is it supposed to take long? Only had this email awhile ago but no synth..
Your order is on-hold until we confirm payment has been received. Your order details are shown below for your reference:

how and where did you pay? We've never seen this before

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:21 pm Does it support MPE? I guess the wave shaping is per voice. Is it applied before the amplitude envelope? And what shapes are possible. Some kind of chebyshev polynomials? I could not find any info about Shapiro on the web site...
No it doesnt support MPE right now:

In S One there is only one "Voice" (but the voice uses two oscillators)

The Wave-shaper is applied after the volume envelope - basically in the left to right order in the UI.

Shape list is:

Linear (basically no shape at all )
Atan
Sin
Asinh
TanCos
A Custom symmetrical curve
A Custom Asymmetrical curve

More info on Shapiro when its released....soon now we hope.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:40 pm Bought

*edit*

Your order is on-hold until we confirm payment has been received. Your order details are shown below for your reference:
Ok I checked your order - you havent actually paid for the product. You seem to be some way into the paypal payment but you need to tell paypal to make the payment.

Lind0n wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 am

*edit*

Ok I checked your order - you havent actually paid for the product. You seem to be some way into the paypal payment but you need to tell paypal to make the payment.
Hi.

Are you possibly from the Channel robot? :)

I have PayPal invoice which says that I paid 🤔

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:01 am
Lind0n wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 am

*edit*

Hi.

Are you possibly from the Channel robot? :)

I have PayPal invoice which says that I paid 🤔
Yep I'm from Channel Robot. I will email you using the email from your order.

Problem solved. Thank you very much :tu:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:55 am Problem solved. Thank you very much :tu:
no worries, sorry for the inconvenience.

Designed in Reaktor?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:57 am Designed in Reaktor?
Good grief no! I'm sure Reaktor is lovely and all that - but its not for us.

Return to “Instruments”