One Synth Challenge #125: T-Force Alpha Plus 2 (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I paid for 1 month and replaced the track. Not a great improvement, I'm still not satisfied with the highs. So it is better if you download it ;).

I know, it's sometimes annoying, because we want people to hear the full glory of our mastering, but at the end of the day you should have faith in your music! We are all familiar with the limitations of soundcloud and can listen through it. So, don't worry too much about this kind of technicality. With good mastering there is enough greatness audible, no matter what! :phones:

Well I don't think my mastering is good. But I agree with you !

… and we will listen to the downloads as well.

dB

PS Sorry I mentioned YouLean in my post, I did notice you had used it and then promptly forgot when I posted! I call it a senior moment being, a few months off 70 years young!

doctorbob wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:36 pm Sorry I mentioned YouLean in my post, I did notice you had used it and then promptly forgot when I posted! I call it a senior moment being, a few months off 70 years young!
Don't worry, it happens to me all the time and I'm 23 :)

diaseis wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:25 pm Hi ! I made a track that I don't really know the genre of but it's definitely EDMish. I hope you'll like it.
It's super cool, I love it :)

MorphedDreams wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:28 pm
diaseis wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:25 pm Hi ! I made a track that I don't really know the genre of but it's definitely EDMish. I hope you'll like it.
It's super cool, I love it :)
Thank you so much !

For early corrections I just re-upload the track to SoundCloud as a new thing, but maybe that's just me being a cheapskate.

I also don't have a great listening setup so I don't notice some of the details in the high frequency range. I've never noticed the difference between soundcloud playing my tracks and the original rendered audio, though again that's on me; I'm rather new to the audio production world.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Here is my submission

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/disco-damsel

DAW - FL Studio (latest version)

T-Force Plus 2 x11 instances

FX used are largely built-in FX from VST itself.

Third party FX (all freeware) used are,

Engineer's Filter x1
Baxter EQ x1
Kotelnikov x1
Loudmax x1
SPAN x1
Youlean Loudness Meter x1

Great vibe ! Totally like it. You managed to make a pretty good kick.

diaseis wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:21 pm Great vibe ! Totally like it. You managed to make a pretty good kick.
Very kind of you, my friend! :tu:

@baalisoda How do you manage to be that loud on sound cloud, because my submission is louder than yours (in LUFS) but it sounds far quiter. Do you have an explaination?

diaseis wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 pm @baalisoda How do you manage to be that loud on sound cloud, because my submission is louder than yours (in LUFS) but it sounds far quiter. Do you have an explaination?
I am no mixing/master expert, so consider my following process with pinch of salt! :D

In OSCs, I usually mixter (i mix and master on the same project file)

I always/almost make multiple tracks with different LUFS settings (usually in the range of 12 to 16, depending on the type of track, e.g., more EDMish sounding tracks, i try to go low) with Loudmax acting as brickwall limiter. I also give considerable importance to gain-staging using mono and or pink noise method before mastering.

This may sound crude, but I try to use Foobar's ReplayGain component as monitor on these outputs. Usually, I tried to have track gain at not more than -5 db (just a gut feel, nothing logical) with track peak close to 0.99, if i can.

Cheers! :tu:

Thank you for the advice ! I will do that next OSC.

[Edit] So as I am tenacious, I made a third version which is approximatively the same loudness but I changed the EQ on the master bus, did some mix tweaks and added MSaturator on the master bus as well as on the kick.

[Edit2] That sounds so much louder. I don't know why since the LUFS integrated are the same but it was a success - well a relative success.

*** Preview 2 - The psycho lumberjack version ***
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/defo ... ad/s-sSoX4

Return to “Instruments”