Best 1176 and La-2A plugins for dance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like the title says - best 1176 and La-2A for dance?

Or does anyone have a better recommendation?

Looking ultimate punch and weight.

Just use Transient Shapers.

Hmmm...not had the kind of result I have in mind using elysia nvelope.

Softube FET Compressor is my beloved 1176 plugin. But I'm sure you already know if your longing for punch you should not use too fast attack times which only bulldozing the important transients.

Edit: Doesn't get Multiband Compression big time use in Dance?

HoRNet Multicomp Plus MK2. FET and Opto modes. May not be exact emulations, but sounds awesome. Check out the demo.
iswr

There is this: https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/CA-2A

No idea how it is. I own it, but, never tried it out. :oops:

The house producers I know are still using Waves and UAD for these. But that may well be out of habit.

Not really an emulation, but NI Supercharger GT is still one of my favorites to fatten up drums.

perpetual3 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:51 pmLooking ultimate punch and weight.
For ultimate Punch and Weight: Parallel Compression is your friend. The important transients mainly responsible for Punch are still there in the uncompressed signal. Heavy compression mixed in gives the Weight.

You can even do REAL New York Compression with the EQ bumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muzh3TBbbIM

I produce dance music and I pretty much just use Ableton Live stock compressors and multiband comp. The Glue is excellent for a lot of uses.

But if you really want one which you can use for anything it's the FabFilter Pro-C 2. Super versatile with many modes, etc.

sinemotor wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:59 pm I produce dance music and I pretty much just use Ableton Live stock compressors and multiband comp. The Glue is excellent for a lot of uses.

But if you really want one which you can use for anything it's the FabFilter Pro-C 2. Super versatile with many modes, etc.
Yeah, I’ve been using primarily those. But I assume that those two compressors are special for a reason. Perhaps I’m mistaken.

I used to use Kush Novatron before I lost my ilok and cancelled my sub. I could NEVER get Ableton’s stock comps to hit like that.

For punch and weight on percussion tracks, I can think of two that will get you there:

- Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (or SDC from SKNote if you want a cheaper option)

- Rough Rider from Audio Damage
Last edited by badass_billy on Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have a bunch of compressors (Ableton ones, Presswerk, Mjuc, DC8C, all NI, Soundtoys etc) and NI VC-76 is the compressor I use the most on individual drums (Kick/Snare). I have never used a real one, and I have not tried other 1176 emulations, but still, it's the one that gives me the most immediate results, the most weight, the most punch.

As Reefius stated, Supercharger GT is also really efficient to fatten drums, and I would add Devil Loc Deluxe as another cool option. And Presswerk on the drumbus :tu:
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

badass_billy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:36 pm - Red Rider from Audio Damage
Rough Rider (?) :)

Return to “Effects”