Generative sequencer vst with poly midi out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was testing the euclid and hex sequencer in the new vst from hy-plugins but sometimes it peaked my cpu usage (stability issue ??) I can contact the dev about it but i want some more interesting sequencer just for some of my new experimental stuff.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

if you have reaktor theres a few in there :)

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:23 pm if you have reaktor theres a few in there :)
Thats the sad news
I dont have it
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Reaktor is worth considering. Lots of great MIDI out contraptions in the user library. And an embarrassment of riches in other areas. Hard to think of a higher value for money audio app / plugin.

Any particular ones in the Reaktor User Library that you guys like especially mucho? Midi sequencers/modifiers are cool.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:11 pm Any particular ones in the Reaktor User Library that you guys like especially mucho? Midi sequencers/modifiers are cool.
i'm quite taken w/ nod-e ...

experimental.crow wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:41 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:11 pm Any particular ones in the Reaktor User Library that you guys like especially mucho? Midi sequencers/modifiers are cool.
i'm quite taken w/ nod-e ...
Looks interesting, thanks!

Some nice euclidean stuff

check out Fugue (edit: fixed link)

Try searching the library for keywords like algorithm, generative, arpeggiator, sequencer.
Last edited by Ficciones on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517113

In Ableton, the HY-SEQ2 is never using more than 4% CPU.

Have you tried Thesys from SugarBytes?

Ficciones wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 am check out Fugue
Fugue for iOS is really fun. I've been trying to figure out a way to repro in Ableton, but haven't yet had any luck... any ideas?

And i think maybe you copied in the wrong link:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fugue-mac ... 1014191410

Ficciones wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 am
Some nice euclidean stuff

check out Fugue

Try searching the library for keywords like algorithm, generative, arpeggiator, sequencer.
Looks promising...

psynical wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:53 am Fugue for iOS is really fun. I've been trying to figure out a way to repro in Ableton, but haven't yet had any luck... any ideas?

And i think maybe you copied in the wrong link:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fugue-mac ... 1014191410
Oh yeah I messed up the link, try this

And MemPlane by Colugo is maybe a more abstract version of that iOS app...

Apratim wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:15 pm I was testing the euclid and hex sequencer in the new vst from hy-plugins but sometimes it peaked my cpu usage (stability issue ??) I can contact the dev about it but i want some more interesting sequencer just for some of my new experimental stuff.
Are you sure that this is not Daw or system configuration related?

Because I have been testing it for hours in FL Studio and I haven't encountered any bugs yet, but some users are finding some issues in different Daws. In my case you can contact hyakken about it, I had some issues with his HY-delay4 and some other users and he in short time fixed the problem. Report it.

And...
but i want some more interesting sequencer just for some of my new experimental stuff.
Well I don't know if you mean that his sequencers are not interesting (in your opinion and different tastes), because in his entire collection of sequencers and arpeggio there is a wide range of very interesting stuffs where almost all is pretty well covered, from humanizers, randomization and lots of modulations ext ext.

JunSev wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:33 am
Apratim wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:15 pm I was testing the euclid and hex sequencer in the new vst from hy-plugins but sometimes it peaked my cpu usage (stability issue ??) I can contact the dev about it but i want some more interesting sequencer just for some of my new experimental stuff.
Are you sure that this is not Daw or system configuration related?

Because I have been testing it for hours in FL Studio and I haven't encountered any bugs yet, but some users are finding some issues in different Daws. In my case you can contact hyakken about it, I had some issues with his HY-delay4 and some other users and he in short time fixed the problem. Report it.

And...
but i want some more interesting sequencer just for some of my new experimental stuff.
Well I don't know if you mean that his sequencers are not interesting (in your opinion and different tastes), because in his entire collection of sequencers and arpeggio there is a wide range of very interesting stuffs where almost all is pretty well covered, from humanizers, randomization and lots of modulations ext ext.
well as far as the issue wit the cpu is concerned .I was using the old version of reaper (978)and after updating it to the latest (980) it fixed the sudden cpu surge(idk what happned and it was not mentioned in the patch notes so :shrug: idk what justin did but i am happy)

and as far as the sequencers are concerned i am not saying the HY-sequencers are bad.its me who has got the itch for sequencers now after so many years and i am looking for the bast or unique out there

Loomer architect , a full modullar midi framework ( took colin almost 6 years to create )
And the included sequencers are top notch , you don't need to build stuff if you don't want to
Ableton style clip launchers etc..
It's a bit pricey , and still in beta ( since jan 2019 ) but it's pretty damn solid and amazing :tu:
Also a pretty helpfull dude :hug:
https://www.loomer.co.uk/architect.htm
viewforum.php?f=141
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”