Darksynth FX - Secrets of the Universe (80s, Synthwave)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would love to get some feedback on the mix/song. Be gentle - I'm a woman! 😉 👧 👩

https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx/dar ... se/s-q4AnY

Nice voice. I liked the track. It was a nice touch when you went into a speaking voice at 1:20. Reminded me of Living On Video by Trans-X somewhat.
At 0:34 I see someone commented on your Soundcloud that they liked the mid-high range FX pad, but I would have to disagree and say I didn't like it. The type of sound is a good idea. Maybe an EQ on it or something on it would tame it a little bit.
The low end: I am wondering if it could be more beefy. Perhaps someone else could comment on that - I am at work on crap headphones so can't really judge the low freqs well.
Overall good though - hope to hear more from you.

edit: just got home listened to it again. The Pad FX at 0:34 sounds a bit better here, but still clashing with the lead synth a little. I'd still EQ it down.
Bass: the low end could be thicker.
Last edited by Bansaw on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes. This song rules. Awesome. Love it.

Thx a lot for the comments! New version is up, added a discreet sub bass and EQed the "laaa" effects starting at 0:34.

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Volume can be brought down a db. Other than that, no complaints. Well done.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:08 am My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Volume can be brought down a db. Other than that, no complaints. Well done.
Thanks a lot for your feedback wagtunes. :tu: Seems I'm on the right track. :party:

enjoyable :)
nice mix too, no complaints whatsoever.

IMHO, this is one of your best efforts. Vocals gives me the vibe early 90s eurodance, really enjoyed listening.

Cheers! :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”