Something like IL Edison but cheaper/simpler?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's what I'm looking for...

Something I can add as an insert that will record audio from the channel it's on and then let me simply drag and drop it as a wav into Ableton Live or Cubase. I'm pretty sure Edison can be set to start recording when it detects audio input, which would be handy to have but not totally necesary. Would love to find something with a similar spectrogram view too, but also not necessary.

Mostly I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to resample sound design stuff without having to bother with routing channel i/o, freezing or bouncing. Would be especially handy for making drum samples.

There certainly are simple wave recording plugins that can do exactly that as I remember using them long time ago. I think Voxengo might have one and Melda has one if I'm not mistaken.

These days I usually just use the Edison.
No signature here!

Live's Looper device can record audio, which later you can drag'n'drop back into Live.

Personally I just have a "Resample" Audio Track set to Resampling in my default Set, so it is always there by default. Even faster than adding a VST, and it works with MIDI controller remote scripts out of the box.

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:33 am There certainly are simple wave recording plugins that can do exactly that as I remember using them long time ago. I think Voxengo might have one and Melda has one if I'm not mistaken.

These days I usually just use the Edison.
Yeah. I know Edison is great. Unfortunately it doesn't always play nice with Live for me, and it galls me to spend $100 on something that's prone to crashing my DAW and not likely to be updated much if at all.

The melda one I've used but I'm almost positive I need to open the file explorer to retrieve what it recorded. I'm gonna give it another look but at that point I might be better off just resampling or freezing inside Live. I think the Voxengo one is 32bit only but I'll double check. Thanks.

@pottering. Holy crap, I had no idea about Looper. It shames me a little to admit, but since I have more than a couple third party buffer shuffler type plugins I never really bothered with it. that's really good to know.

Good idea about keeping a resample track on your template too. I'll give that a shot. helpful stuff. Thank you

Return to “Effects”