Vibrating emotional synth

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know how to make the synth at 2.20, the vibrating/gated one=

https://soundcloud.com/afterlifeofc/colyn-amor-1

Thanks a lot!

They are simply chords with the filter opening and closing but not all that much so you dont hear the high frequencies. after that it's gated or LFO linked to volume.

Let me know if I made sense
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

It´s a pretty soft spectrum, nothing a usual subtractive Toybox could produce. It might/should be some additive Synth, Harmor maybe, but I suppose it´s a preset from professional Harware Gear. The Chorus is pretty awesome and those spectrums are absolutely not easy to make.

borjadja wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:23 pm Does anyone know how to make the synth at 2.20, the vibrating/gated one=

https://soundcloud.com/afterlifeofc/colyn-amor-1

Thanks a lot!
This is eventually played with a Seaboard. The modulation does not sound constructed. If so it could be Equator, Strobe 2, Cypher 2... Or any other MPE synth with a noise generator...
What a cool piece, thanks for sharing...

Yes the essence of this is the performance. This could well be from an enhanced MIDI controller or simply very detailed automation. I would say a human performance (the contrast with human against machine makes it vibrant) or a couple of layers of LFOs to get it to flow outside the expected tidy things we tend to mouse in.

:-)

Modulation of the lfo speed is the key to the sound. Tons of synths out there could make this sound. The key is to have a nice round wave (somewhere between a sine and a square) modulating the amplitude and the cutoff. You would then want to add a controller to the speed and the depth/ depths of the modulations. Then a nice reverb. Zebra could do this sound nicely.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

If you listen carefully, it's a timed step random LFO controlling the speed of another sine LFO that is connected to filter and gain of a noisy supersaw with a little lowpass filter and a reverb through a filter.

Return to “Sound Design”