Helix Native 1.80 out

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
SLiC
KVRAF
3784 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 am

Nice update- Helix really is great not just as an amp sim but as a general fx rack.

Really glad they added full midi learn!


New Amp Models

Fullerton Nrm, based on* the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (normal channel)
Fullerton Brt, based on* the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (bright channel)
Fullerton Jump, based on* the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (jumped channels)
Grammatico Nrm, based on* the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (normal channel)
Grammatico Brt, based on* the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (bright channel)
Grammatico Jump, based on* the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (jumped channels)
Revv Gen Red, based on* the red (gain 2) channel of the Revv® Generator 120
Ampeg SVT-4 PRO, based on* the Ampeg® SVT-4 PRO

New Effects Models

Distortion > Dhyana Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Hermida Zendrive
Distortion > Heir Apparent (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Analogman Prince of Tone (basically half a King of Tone)
Distortion > Tone Sovereign (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Analogman King of Tone V4 (basically two Prince of Tones in one)
Distortion > ZeroAmp Bass DI (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Tech 21® SansAmp Bass Driver DI V1
Distortion > Ampeg Scrambler (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Ampeg® Scrambler Bass Overdrive
Filter > Asheville Pattrn (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Moog® Moogerfooger® MF-105M MIDI MuRF Filter (with both MuRF and Bass MuRF voicings)
EQ > Low/High Shelf (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
EQ > Tilt (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original. Tilt is a subtle 6dB EQ that boosts high frequencies while simultaneously attenuating low frequencies (or vice versa). Great for quickly making tones a bit brighter or darker. The Center Freq parameter sets the frequency around which the boost and cut pivot

MIDI Learn

Helix Native can now learn an incoming MIDI CC message and automatically assign it to a parameter.
Right-click on a parameter and select Controller > MIDI Learn. A small brain icon flashes. If you change your mind, click the icon to cancel.

Send Helix Native a MIDI CC message. The parameter is automatically assigned to it.
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
Tappistry
KVRAF
1508 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Helix Native 1.80 out

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Moog® Moogerfooger® MF-105M

Line 6 always does a great job modeling stompboxes, and that's a rather nice one to add to the pack.

It'll be interesting to see some YT comparison videos to see if a multieffect unit that costs less than that pedal (in the case of the Helix LT) can get most of the way there on the sound. :D

ShawnMH
KVRist
101 posts since 3 Jun, 2016

Re: Helix Native 1.80 out

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:19 am

Thanks for the notification here! :tu:

SLiC
KVRAF
3784 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Helix Native 1.80 out

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:28 am

Tappistry wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:19 pm
Moog® Moogerfooger® MF-105M

Line 6 always does a great job modeling stompboxes, and that's a rather nice one to add to the pack.

It'll be interesting to see some YT comparison videos to see if a multieffect unit that costs less than that pedal (in the case of the Helix LT) can get most of the way there on the sound. :D
The Native version is software only and is identical to the hardware, so you can download the demo and try it for yourself (probably sound better than on YT!)

https://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
Tappistry
KVRAF
1508 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Helix Native 1.80 out

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:47 pm

SLiC wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:28 am
Tappistry wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:19 pm
Moog® Moogerfooger® MF-105M

Line 6 always does a great job modeling stompboxes, and that's a rather nice one to add to the pack.

It'll be interesting to see some YT comparison videos to see if a multieffect unit that costs less than that pedal (in the case of the Helix LT) can get most of the way there on the sound. :D
The Native version is software only and is identical to the hardware, so you can download the demo and try it for yourself (probably sound better than on YT!)

https://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html
I already did my demo time with Native on a previous version when I was debating grabbing one of the floor units. Then my needs changed and I'm only using my computer and monitors for my "amp" at home.

I'm pretty well-covered with Axiom for the time being. :)

SLiC
KVRAF
3784 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Helix Native 1.80 out

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Axiom looks interesting...must demo that sometime
I also use Scuffam (still waiting for that update!) but I don’t think you can really go too far wrong with Helix, they have added a ton of new stuff, it’s particular good for fx.
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

reggie1979
KVRian
1012 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: Helix Native 1.80 out

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:37 pm

I think Scuffam is defunct for the most part. Even Slate is discontinuing it in their bundle.

User avatar
Tappistry
KVRAF
1508 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Helix Native 1.80 out

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:09 pm

SLiC wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:26 pm
Axiom looks interesting...must demo that sometime
I also use Scuffam (still waiting for that update!) but I don’t think you can really go too far wrong with Helix, they have added a ton of new stuff, it’s particular good for fx.
Axiom is pretty incredible once you get your head around it. You can create almost any amp you want, and the included IR loader has some really neat features to tailor the IR for your use.

Plus you also get Late Replies included with it (only to be used within the confines of Axiom). And Late Replies is my favorite delay plugin. :D But calling Late Replies a "delay plugin," though, is like calling a NASA mission launch a quick exercise. So many layers to LR, it's almost like an instrument unto itself.

Return to “Effects”