Roli Noise iOS App in 2019?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone is using Roli Noise at this point? It seems like Roli has abandoned Seaboard 5D for Noise in iOS. I finally got around to messing with it on my iPad last night and like the idea, but it seems that nothing at all is editable, and I can't even use the Linnstrument with it unless I load it in AUM (which is fine, I love AUM). Roger's instructions on the "Linnstrument sounds" page seem to be for an earlier version (why anyone who makes software for musicians thinks moving interface elements around in updates is beyond me).

I realize it's optimized for Seaboard, but have people found useful sounds for Linnstrument on it? I'm curious about the SWAM instruments especially, and if there's a usable acoustic piano and jazz-like pizzicato bass.

I tried the Music Man bass but found the Y axis was way too sensitive to string noise. This makes sense given how much space there is on a Seaboard but it's not great for a Linnstrument. I tried the Rhodes and found the same thing. The Mellotron instruments were good.

I realize the options on desktop are much better, but I've been using an iOS setup in my band and would like to avoid the laptop if I could.

Noize stopped working for me, its locked into the Block world. Seaboard 5D is the one I use, its better anyway. All this Blocks hype is toys for kiddies...
I doubt they will open it for loading your own sounds. Whenever I come across a Roli representative I complain out loud... Still, it one of the best out there...

Thanks Tj. So they haven't abandoned 5D? Can you load the same sound packs?

Actually, I like the square block as a MIDI preset selector and a few other things, but I know that's not their intended main use. It's a good utility.

Yes they can load those sounds as far as I know...

I also have a Block first gen and a Seaboard Block, I use both as general purpose controllers. I made a Max patch to abuse the Seaboard as 27 fader box, and the Block is my touchpad for the Equator Seaboard sounds...

Return to “Roger Linn Design”