Impulse response from mixing/mastering room ...? (wav)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello i search on the net a IR's of a mix/mastering room,i find it in different extension but i don't find it in wav version,plz someone could convert/give me a link to a good mix/master room IR ? Thank you.nicolas

ps:I'm also looking for a good ir of vocal room...Thank you again.

hivkorn wrote:Hello i search on the net a IR's of a mix/mastering room
What's the use of that, may I ask? Only if your own control room is completely anechoic or when using headphones (not recommended for mixing/mastering) then you get a simular sound.
hivkorn wrote:i find it in different extension
What file extentions did you find? I guess it can be converted quite easily with a proper audio editor.
My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

C00kie wrote:
hivkorn wrote:Hello i search on the net a IR's of a mix/mastering room
What's the use of that, may I ask? Only if your own control room is completely anechoic or when using headphones (not recommended for mixing/mastering) then you get a simular sound.
hivkorn wrote:i find it in different extension
What file extentions did you find? I guess it can be converted quite easily with a proper audio editor.
I'm guessing he may have found the Altiverb impulses, which can't be converted. There are lots of studio impulses in that library.

But really, they may give you the color of the studio, but I don't think it will give the results the OP is hoping for.

Brent
My host is better than your host

i was thinking that it can reproduce the space with headphones,i have think that i could have the same result that if i were using redline monitor.good idea or not?

noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

:lol:

I always get a kick out of that link.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

hivkorn wrote:i was thinking that it can reproduce the space with headphones,i have think that i could have the same result that if i were using redline monitor.good idea or not?
That might be helpful. Unfortunately, the only way to really do what you want is to get a hrtf of your head in that environment. Right now there is no easy or cheap way to do this. If you had thousands of dollars to spare, it might be possible.

I'm really surprised that there isn't yet a way to get a hrtf image of your head easily. You basically want to take a measured print of your ears and face, and apply that image to all audio going through your headphones. That would be the only reasonable way to really put your ears in the environment.

You may get close though with Redline and an impulse response of a studio, though I doubt you'll get the exact results you were hoping for.

By the way, hrtf stands for Head Related Transfer Function.

You can read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-relat ... r_function

My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

thank you all for your response but it begin to be too much 'a too much technic english' and i start to understand nothing.......

Hey! I'd like to bring up this topic!
Different rooms can be very useful while mixing on headphones, especially to judge dynamics.
Any sources for some good (control) room IRs?
I'm using one of a living room and while not even a proper room, the results are very good already.

Cheers!

JM

edit: I finally found something!

https://freesound.org/people/MastersDis ... ds/218130/
https://freesound.org/people/recordingh ... ds/175322/

Well, if it’s a virtual studio environment you want to mix and monitor in...
https://www.waves.com/plugins/abbey-road-studio-3

I’m only annoyed a battery leak fried my Bluetooth Headtracker, it’ s definitely preferred when using a product like this or NX.

If you just want to get a feel for how the mix would translate in some different environments, then maybe try the Toneboosters Isone plugin? That seems more productive than looking for a high-fidelity reproduction of a room that was already engineered to be neutral.

Thanks, guys! I know all about those solutions, in fact, I own and use them for different purposes. Though for my specific purpose IR's are far superior! a good control room is a balance between neutral and inspiring. artificial reverb is not as good for this purpose. The HRTF plugins you mentioned are also too colored for my taste, abbey roads sound good, but not neutral. Most HRTF plugins render my headphone calibration obsolete :/

dasdeck wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:29 am Thanks, guys! I know all about those solutions, in fact, I own and use them for different purposes. Though for my specific purpose IR's are far superior! a good control room is a balance between neutral and inspiring. artificial reverb is not as good for this purpose. The HRTF plugins you mentioned are also too colored for my taste, abbey roads sound good, but not neutral. Most HRTF plugins render my headphone calibration obsolete :/
If it’s neutral you want then look at vanilla NX as an option. The fact that you are asking for a studio space, though, simply implies there’s going to be color to the signal.

Studios aren’t neutral, no real world space is 100%. They did try at some point, but the space was just flat and uninspiring for all involved. Not really a place to record or mix music.

Something you should probably keep in mind while perusing your solution.

Return to “Effects”