Guess what: a new plugin from PA! Purple Audio MC77

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sqigls wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:38 am
dionenoid wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:08 am 4 down, 3 to go. Wonder what will be released. I'm guessing a Behringer Composer, Mackie Channelstrip and Alesis 3630.
DBX channel, API channel.... actually a Mackie channel would be cool, i miss the filters on my Mackie desk sometimes.

Avalon?
Fine-tune the irony radar, sqigls
:tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

i know, i just don't give a rat's ass

can haz non cynical viewpointz

sometimes :P

sqigls wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:10 am i know, i just don't give a rat's ass

can haz non cynical viewpointz

sometimes :P
Lol... :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

nordickvr wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:35 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm Are Brainworx using a assembly line or something?
Yes.
There’s a guy who makes M/S thingies all day long.
Lol.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

jens wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 pm
HcDoom wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Klark teknik 1176 sounds like crap, on par with worst software 1176 emus from over a decade ago.

Many very trust-worthy sources claim otherwise. Only that clueless WhiteSea guy didn't like it.
Dobt know who WhiteSea is, but me and my buddies tested Klark side by side with ureis and uas and both ureis and uas won by big margin. Than we tested vs sw emus, Softube one destroyed it easily at higher sample rates.

HcDoom wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:49 am Dobt know who WhiteSea is, but me and my buddies tested Klark side by side with ureis and uas and both ureis and uas won by big margin. Than we tested vs sw emus, Softube one destroyed it easily at higher sample rates.
He's the snake oil guy on YT, White Sea Studios.

I heard a demo of this hardware vs software, no comparison. Transformers, wire and other electrical components vs code.
To me it's like having a strawberry milkshake made with real strawberries vs milk with strawberry flavouring.
https://youtu.be/NawadX6QXMM
When the VU hits maximum reduction, the software takes something away from the vocals, the hardware sounds natural, IMO.
It's all subjective.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

PA plugins usually have reasonable CPU use, but this one seems to be a bit on the high side.

Oh I like this one!! I think it was a better choice on PA’s part to model this instead or yet another run of the mill vanilla 1176 that everyone else has already done.

It sounds great too.

Return to “Effects”