Audio realism ABL 3.2.0 update any soon ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just visited their facebook page , there was an anouncement a year ago , and now a month ago
But still nothing
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Found it , there's an early beta available , and page is still under construction
https://www.audiorealism.se/news
Eyeball exchanging

I’m a beta tester. It’s coming soon. I can’t say much more than that, but I can say that Mike has done a meticulous job on the new audio engine. It’ll be well worth the wait.

NIce to hear
Abl3 was already close to perfection
Eyeball exchanging

To the OP:

You should add ABL before 3.2.0 in the title of the thread.
:idea:

Audiorealism is the name of the brand, not of a product.

Having reDominator which is one of their products I didn't understand before opening then browsing down the page of the thread.
:?

Cheers

EDIT:
:tu:
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Is it finally getting swing back again? Just brutal that hasn't been put back yet after losing it in V3.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:56 pm Is it finally getting swing back again? Just brutal that hasn't been put back yet after losing it in V3.
No. I don't know if that's in the works for this update (3.2), but I think there was interest in putting it back. ABL2 to ABL3 was a major rewrite, and I believe the built-in distortion and swing were removed to simplify the coding process. I don't know much about coding, but I think the coding engine was different, which helped the model sound better, but required scaling back on features like distortion & swing.

To be clear about this: I'm paraphrasing from memory of what was said about development during beta testing to ABL3.0 back in... 2015 or 2016? It might even be longer than that now, I don't recall.

DJMaytag wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:23 am Mike has done a meticulous job on the new audio engine. It’ll be well worth the wait.
new audio engine? The current 3.1.1 version is already super accurate to the hardware 303. I wonder what may have been improved.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 amnew audio engine? The current 3.1.1 version is already super accurate to the hardware 303. I wonder what may have been improved.
The biggest improvement is the modeling of how the accent voltage doesn’t completely decay with multiple consecutive accented notes. You’ll hear this “crying sound” in higher tempo hard acid techno (140+ BPM), as the rapidity of successive accented notes keeps the accent voltage at a higher and higher level.

Also, there’s a cutoff trim option for the new model, similar to what was available in ABL2’s preferences.

When is 3.2 going to be released?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Here's the full list of each pre release (from their forum):

All beta changes for ABL3.2.0

We are adding more MIDI capabilities to ABL3.2.0. Additions include:

- Mapping Classic view functions to standard MIDI keys. This allows for programming patterns directly from your MIDI controller.
- Mapping of MIDI CC to Advanced Random functions, including pattern length
- Automation/MIDI CC control of Gate Trim and other parameters
- Slight improvements to the 303 emulation engine

Beta2
- Updated bundled skin to LarsErik's latest version
- Changes to Accent circuit model, experimenting with adding more energy to the accent build up [303 engine]
- PatternView: Added paging to quicking flip between 16 steps by clicking left or right of the scrollbar
- PatternView: expanded scrollbar hit area by a few pixels
- Import TB-03 Pattern menu option now allows to import .pat files from ABL1,ABL2 and ABL3. These do not affect the synth settings (cutoff, reso etc).
- Sound Engine: Improving the envelope recharge cycle to match the TB-303's more accurately[/quote]

Beta3
- Sound engine: added an extra high eq shelf to bring out high frequencies a bit more
- Fixed: Pattern selector in Patch Display was not responding to scroll wheel up and down properly
- Fixed: Pattern View, MIDI CC control over steps length now updates the view properly
- Fixed: Parameter display text for Waveform now switches at 0.5 value
- Fixed? Classic Display: Click+Dragging Steps length would cause Bitwig and Maschine 2 to crash
- Added: On Setup page option for High EQ Boost
- Added: Registration Dialog now shows installation directory (for the Documents, not the .dll or .component)

Beta4
- Softened accent slightly in VCA
- Fixed: High EQ boost was not recalling properly
- Fixed: Filter bug causing ABL3 to sound darker than it should
- Added: Select Background option in patch menu, this only works with the default skin currently.

Beta5
- Fixed: Hipass (lowcut) on Preferences page is not working in High EQ Mode
- additional declicking in audio engine

Beta6
- Beta 5 was failing/crashing validation, hopefully beta 6 solves this problem

Beta11
- Changed Registry code for Windows 32 and 64-bit (using HKEY_LOCAL_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) hopefully this solves some users not being able to register

Beta12
- Changed accent model (brighter accents)
- Changed filter (more resonance at low cutoff)
- Added on/off sound and click

Beta13
- Changed filter (18dB response curve)
- Changed VCA accent
- VCA Noise and clicks are improved.
- DC Noise is added.
- On/off switch sound added.

Beta14
- Changed volumes for cutoff/reso and accent settings
- Changed cutoff/reso filter response to match the reference 303 more (this keeps the resonance peak more constant during tweaking resonance at a given cutoff value)

Beta16
- Fine tuning volumes

Beta18
- Changed volumes again
- Rolled back some engine changes

Beta20
- Added addition Highpass control (on Setup page)
- Increase maximum decay time of the Envelope generator

RC1
- Changed MIDI Learn look for the Classic Edit mode assign functions
- Changes to Audio Engine

RC2
- Removed Resonance knob Scratchyness
- Removed click when resonance knob reached 0
- Removed click when Adjusting Low Cut to zero
- Changed knob name 'Low Cut' to 'Bass Boost'

RC3
- Bass knob added - this affects the amount of bass the filter can reach in certain settings (for instance low resonance)
- Hipass control now assign to the right parameter (to be compatible with ABL3.1.0)

RC4
- Reduced click when switching audio engines (Improved Emu switch on Setup page)
- Slight resonance increase in 96kHz mode
- VCA Clicks and VCA Noise set to off by default now

Their latest news post states: "We have posted download links to the latest version of ABL3 (version 3.2.0) for registered users (in the user area)."...

... and the user area is -still- "under construction".

epiphaneia wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:43 pm Their latest news post states: "We have posted download links to the latest version of ABL3 (version 3.2.0) for registered users (in the user area)."...

... and the user area is -still- "under construction".

:lol: yup I’m waiting on this release too

LarsErik wrote: Beta11
- Changed Registry code for Windows 32 and 64-bit (using HKEY_LOCAL_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) hopefully this solves some users not being able to register
Im sure he means HKEY_CURRENT_USER, not LOCAL_USER.

Pretty sure it's out now
https://www.audiorealism.se/
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Return to “Instruments”