Massive X Manual

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the meantime, I bought the five-hour Massive X course from ADSR. Seems pretty good so far.

recursive one wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 pm
pixel85 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:57 am
It's a deep fake video. You can't make music with MX without manual and with all that aliasing.
Sure it is. I would rather believe that Americans have actually landed the moon than that someone can play any music with Massive X without the manual.
I think it's not unreasonable to have an explanation of functions, especially when they are esoteric!

I just want to know each and every tiny feature before I get down to it. Some of them are rather unique, such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2ngJ1 ... ex=59&t=0s

There is a little point in learning new synth just to create the same plain old sounds, is it?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

well , there's always ' what happens when i push this ?.. '

deleted
Last edited by Wholiveira on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wholiveira wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 pmand I have to wonder if NI really plans on doing a full manual.
It's in writing.

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 am
recursive one wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 pm
pixel85 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:57 am
It's a deep fake video. You can't make music with MX without manual and with all that aliasing.
Sure it is. I would rather believe that Americans have actually landed the moon than that someone can play any music with Massive X without the manual.
I think it's not unreasonable to have an explanation of functions, especially when they are esoteric!
Exactly, you don't need a dictionary or thesaurus to write a novel but it helps to have them nearby for quick reference when you hit a block. EDIT: like in Phase Plant for example, I kind of worked out how to scale modulation but after a quick read of the relevant page in the manual the concept was firmly cemented into my mind. This is why manuals are useful imo.
Always Read the Manual!

Native Instruments are overrated.
Sample Packs, Synth Presets, VST plugins, Effects and Synth VSTs all available at https://www.sound7.co.uk

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:30 am
Wholiveira wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 pmand I have to wonder if NI really plans on doing a full manual.
It's in writing.
Okay, thanks for clarification. Obviously I missed that. I'll stop complaining. All I do is go back and play with the bloody thing more.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:34 am I just want to know each and every tiny feature before I get down to it. Some of them are rather unique, such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2ngJ1 ... ex=59&t=0s

There is a little point in learning new synth just to create the same plain old sounds, is it?
That was a very useful video for demonstrating how to assign a modulator in the routing graph. That one bread crumb opened up a lot for me.

Just wondering has this ever happened before? Has such a monumental software release like Massive X ever been released where a month later users are still wondering where the manual is? I'm not trying to throw any shade Massive X sounds good to me and I like NI but the uniqueness of this situation seems somewhat unprecedented.

NI are releasing to a commercial schedule, things are not always ready/complete when they are released for that reason. People don’t have to buy it until they feel it is complete or working as they want/need it to be (and that includes a manual!) although many of us just got it anyway as part of Komplete (given they were already late I don't think they dared push the release date back again). Ultimately there will be a manual, preset tagging, midi learn, maybe even animated feedback on what’s happening...we just have to wait a bit longer....but at least we have something to play with whilst we wait, all things considered (and after the initial disappointment) I think that’s probably better than having nothing but another launch delay.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

where we're going we dont need no manual!

vurt wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:44 pm where we're going we dont need no manual!
They created Massive X to make some dubstep wobbles, but she's gone much, much farther than that ... She tore a hole in our universe, a gateway to another dimension
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”