Painfully (and deliberately) Synthwave!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made this several months ago as a demo, but I think it stands up as it's own thing.

It's deliberately retro in a kind of 80s soundtrack stylee.

https://soundcloud.com/bluffmunkey/soni ... hwave-demo

Oh boy, the production on that is superb. Clearer than a Maldive ocean :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Definitely sounds like what the label says. Well done.

Hi Geoff, long time no contact :D always a fan of your work!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

A very good track, with a lot of 80s retro elements. Absolutely enjoyed listening to this track. A superb mix, and very nice sounds used, in a very good composition. Loving the guitar lead at the end of the song. Quality material, very pleased to have found this music. Good work!

Did you use ANA2 for everything?
I've heard this synth before and I'm not really sold on it.
0:04-0:10 The kalimba-pluck sound I think I would find unpleasant after a while. I think I have a sensitivity problem with some high frequencies in a certain range.
1:53 like that lead sound, although its slightly too much detuned for me.
5:32-5:38 very nice ending.

Gosh, that was good! All Ana2?
A well-behaved signature.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:43 pm Oh boy, the production on that is superb. Clearer than a Maldive ocean :tu:
Aw fanks mate :hug:

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:49 pm My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Definitely sounds like what the label says. Well done.
Must....try....harder...!!!
thedeadsoul wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:54 am Hi Geoff, long time no contact :D always a fan of your work!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul
Thanks Adi! Good to see you here again too! :love:
EatMe wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:47 am A very good track, with a lot of 80s retro elements. Absolutely enjoyed listening to this track. A superb mix, and very nice sounds used, in a very good composition. Loving the guitar lead at the end of the song. Quality material, very pleased to have found this music. Good work!
Thanks a lot! :party:

Bansaw wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:49 am Did you use ANA2 for everything?
I've heard this synth before and I'm not really sold on it.
0:04-0:10 The kalimba-pluck sound I think I would find unpleasant after a while. I think I have a sensitivity problem with some high frequencies in a certain range.
1:53 like that lead sound, although its slightly too much detuned for me.
5:32-5:38 very nice ending.
JerGoertz wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:55 am Gosh, that was good! All Ana2?
Thanks guys. Yes, everything but the drums here is ANA2, but also it's only ANA2 effects as well. This was the demo for my contribution to the synthwave bank. Drums were just from Ableton packs iirc, and the only addition I made to the ANA2 source material was very simple EQ and probably a little buss compression.

That lead at 1.53 is deliberately over detuned for the cool kids making the 80s John Carpenter style stuff :tu:

Wot? No Tarnce?

Sweet sounds. The leads are impressive - I love the detuned thang and the hard sync.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:12 am Wot? No Tarnce?

Sweet sounds. The leads are impressive - I love the detuned thang and the hard sync.

Good work :)
Haha, I haven't made trance for aaaaages.

Thanks for listening buddy :tu:

tehlord wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:08 pm Thanks guys. Yes, everything but the drums here is ANA2, but also it's only ANA2 effects as well. This was the demo for my contribution to the synthwave bank. Drums were just from Ableton packs iirc, and the only addition I made to the ANA2 source material was very simple EQ and probably a little buss compression.
Really cool track! I love the ANA2 Synthwave bank, and this track shows off what's possible with ANA2 as far as over-the-top retrowave sounds (my favorite kind of sound) :clap:

ANA2 is to synthwave what Sylenth was to trance, or Massive was to dubstep.

It's not as accurate in terms of analogue mojo that Diva is, but for me it just seems to sound better in that context.

Neh

Yeh?

Oh lol, well to me it sounds a bit static. It's well produced though.
I'm in a very critical mood though, I should not have listened to Paperback Writer today 😦

Return to “Music Cafe”