Opinions on Trash 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Izotope posted a photo @ tweeter today showing a new plugin coming soon. Maybe Thrash 3, or Alloy 3...

I've just recently got it as part of the Music Production bundle. So far me likey!
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

I just got it for free with this months Novation Sound Collective (Free for registered Novation users). Never imagined to have so much fun with a free gift...

It's amazing to use on percussion - you can really twist and reimagine existing stuff with it.

I have it since forever. Still using it.
More BPM please

If something isn't really inspiring me to continue, I sometimes wonder "what would it be like if I run it through Trash?"

JerGoertz wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:39 pm Thanks, what settings would you recommend for gentle warming?
About 100 degrees celcius for around 5 minutes :wink:
No auto tune...

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm I just got it for free with this months Novation Sound Collective (Free for registered Novation users).
Same here. Just downloading it now. :party:

It’s always been my choice for a multiband compressor that adds nice coloration.

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm I just got it for free with this months Novation Sound Collective (Free for registered Novation users). Never imagined to have so much fun with a free gift...
It's great. Played with it earlier.

Nice things about Trash 2 are it can be had for cheap, the Multiband filters are reasonably transparent, the wave shaping is flexible, and there are added bonuses like IRs, Delay, compression, and filters. UI to me is pretty dated and the temptation to mangle your sounds is great, but a great value second hand.

Its really good. In fact very good.

But it can be a bit overwhelming of how much it offers. Bought it few years ago but not using that much. Sound is good and all that but it gives that heavy to use feeling... also its not very easy on CPU so this is another factor why im not using that often.

Its either you love it or not.

Elektronisch wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:10 pm Its really good. In fact very good.

But it can be a bit overwhelming of how much it offers. Bought it few years ago but not using that much. Sound is good and all that but it gives that heavy to use feeling... also its not very easy on CPU so this is another factor why im not using that often.

Its either you love it or not.
100% reflects my thoughts on it as well. Sounds nice, but, a bit overwhelming, to the point where i know that i won't make too much use of it... i'm really all for simple plugins for one purpose, and Trash 2 is rather a feature monster. Anyway, never say never. And... for free i can't complain anyway. ;)

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm I just got it for free with this months Novation Sound Collective (Free for registered Novation users). Never imagined to have so much fun with a free gift...
Does anyone know if Sound Collective membership is limited to hardware product registrations? The blurb says 'any Novation products' and I have some software registered but not sure if that qualifies for a free Trash...? Thanks.

It's surely restricted to hardware, just like the Focusrite counterpart.

Return to “Effects”