Opinions on Trash 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's what I would have assumed too, just their wording made me wonder. Cheers.

GaryG wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm I just got it for free with this months Novation Sound Collective (Free for registered Novation users). Never imagined to have so much fun with a free gift...
Does anyone know if Sound Collective membership is limited to hardware product registrations? The blurb says 'any Novation products' and I have some software registered but not sure if that qualifies for a free Trash...? Thanks.
If you login to your Novation account it should be there for you to download (if you qualify).

Giving you so many options to tweak the sounds is overwhelming or the gui?

Never heard of a feedback like that. Its like offering you 10 apples instead of 2. It is an advanced tool for sure, but not overwelming for me, if you want simple stuff, you use the simple of it, just tweak 2 parameters and do 5 clicks that all!

mjudge55 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:03 pm Nice things about Trash 2 are it can be had for cheap, the Multiband filters are reasonably transparent, the wave shaping is flexible, and there are added bonuses like IRs, Delay, compression, and filters. UI to me is pretty dated and the temptation to mangle your sounds is great, but a great value second hand.
+1

Thavma wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:24 am Giving you so many options to tweak the sounds is overwhelming or the gui?

Never heard of a feedback like that. Its like offering you 10 apples instead of 2. It is an advanced tool for sure, but not overwelming for me, if you want simple stuff, you use the simple of it, just tweak 2 parameters and do 5 clicks that all!
Sure, you can do that, fair enough.

Or you purchase my Trash2 and ext

Bluecat Destructor is very similar to Trash 2. But both are missing some lfos. Both sound great.

Trash2 and 2 expansions are currently available on PB for 20€. Is it still worth it?

It's my favorite multi-band compressor. I use that more than the distortion. I preferred the old GUI from V1 though.

Trash 2 is a beast. My go-to distortion if I want some control over the sound (and harshness/brutality/violence, call it whatever you want :D )

I use the multiband distortion and barely ever the other modules (comp/convolution etc).

There's nothing like it in my saturation/distortion arsenal (decapitator/sdrr/guitar rig/hg2 etc) but i don't own Saturn, which I guess would be the closest contender, and seems to play in the same ballpark.
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

I wish Trash 2 wasn't my favorite waveshaper. It's slow, it hasn't been updated in decades, and Izotope doesn't support it at all. It desperately needs a Trash 3.

But I haven't found another plugin with Trash's distortion options. The flexibility of the waveshaper is great, the algorithms are good, the multiband is good. Someone please save me from Trash 2.

if waveshape editing is a requirement, it limits your options, not everything that sounds good has that.
there's MWaveshaperMB... what else... Maximus maybe... hmm

Having tried a few other saturation plugins like SDRR, Saturn, etc... I basically ignored this plugin for years thinking it was no big deal. Then it was on sale recently on Plugin Boutique for like $20, and thought I'd give it ago. Boy was I wrong about it. I think it's the best/most versatile distortion plugin I've tried. Use it on basically everything now. It has so many great presets and a little tweaking you can anything to sound good very fast.

Trash 2 is great. The downside is that it sounds a bit digital when you compare it to a hardware dirt box.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Trash 2 currently on sale for 10$!
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/438
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Return to “Effects”