Valhalla Delay is creating some unique sound-design effects for me - what plugins do you use to creatively morph sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We love to combine effects into wild, complex chains and discover what sort of freak new sounds come out the other end. :hihi:

Here's some of the stuff we use together for sound design:

The Valhalla series of course
Tantra from DS (This one is a pet!)
Unfiltered Audio's stuff (BYOME, TRIAD and co)
Zynaptic's Adaptiverb
SoundToys (Try Little Alter Boy on Pads and sonic textures the into some lush reverbs)
2C Audio's Breeze2 (Way more than just a verb this one - Check out the expansions too)
Eventide's Black Hole and others
And many many more!

Lately we've been pushing SERUM-FX to do some crazy things. :D

Good times folks!

worldfever wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:36 am
MasterTuner wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am
pheeleep wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:17 am Meldaproduction MMorph. Put it on the mixer channel that has the sound you want to morph. Feed the sidechain with a different sound. Morph :)
I really like concept of MMorph, but as usual the Melda demo and interface falls short.
Morph 2 looks interesting.
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I am checking each one out.
I own both of them and can confirm, Melda MMorph occasionally yields good results but overall Zynaptiq Morph 2 sounds much better and less "spectral processing"-like and is more versatile, even though it has less controls overall.
I personally think Melda's offering is wildly superior. Not-even-close superior. Other than the wonky default settings, they even got the interface right for a change! Everything on one page bar the advanced settings (which are also on one page) in a Melda plug! Who'd have thought it...

perpetual3 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:05 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:53 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:37 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 pm
mister-rz wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:39 am Something new has popped up that looks very interesting called remnant, delay and granular thingy, haven't seen any vids, not heard any demo's and can't find a trial version, so I'm flying blind here as it might turn out to be a dud, but I like some of the other stuff from this dev, so my hopes are high, any of you bought this?

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 63-Remnant
Remnant looks really cool. I was a beta tester for Creative Intent's distortion plugin. Nick's a great developer with some unique ideas and low prices so I'm excited to try out his new one!

Has anyone else tried/bought Remnant yet? If so, what do you think of it? Other than this one small mention here in this thread, I haven't seen anyone bringing it up. One thing lacking with C.I. is his lack of creating any kind of buzz whatsoever for his new releases; Remmant was released to little or no fanfare.

Nick, if you read this: you need to market your products better, bud, or no one's gonna know they exist. :tu:
Just picked it up no demo, that’s how much I like his distortion and delays in general. Will give it a whirl this evening.
This looks very interesting
It is, but I’m going to have to spend lot more time with it. This is not just another variation on a delay, I.e. another “flavor” of something I already have.
Let me know what you think of it

Hey all, Nick here from Creative Intent. I just stumbled across this thread, really happy to see the conversation around Remnant, and I appreciate the support.

@Russell good to see you in here, thank you for the kind words. And I hear you, working on the marketing! :D

Wanted to chime in to see if I can offer any helpful details– To echo @perpetual3, Remnant's not exactly a new take on a delay effect. I wanted to walk a line between an analogue inspired tape delay effect and a glitchy, grainy delay effect. It's probably best classified as a grain delay or "delay mangler" although with the right settings you can get it to behave fairly close to a standard tape delay. Then of course you can dial in other settings that take you far away from the original sound.

We put together a few audio demos for the launch, they're on the website and the PluginBoutique page but I'll link them here as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVLj3U ... BeAZhusOOw Then there's the "Sneak peek" playlist on Soundcloud that was already posted in here.

My favorites, which are also a good way for me to share how I usually use Remnant, are the saxaphone demo and the "Space Tape Piano" preset on the Full Stem demo video. These are the kind of settings that take an input sound to a totally new place, and I'm really excited about that. Also check out the "Simple Delay" preset in the Vocal demo video to get a sense of what I was saying above.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions!

the Michael Norris spectral plugs
-Tom

https://assemblage23.bandcamp.com
http:/helix.bandcamp.com

tshear23 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 pm the Michael Norris spectral plugs
those are very nice, and what I am looking for.
However, they are MAC only. :? ouch.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

MasterTuner wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:40 pm
Sinevibes!
Wait, Mac only. Ouch! :D

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 pm Remnant looks really cool. I was a beta tester for Creative Intent's distortion plugin. Nick's a great developer with some unique ideas and low prices so I'm excited to try out his new one!

Has anyone else tried/bought Remnant yet? If so, what do you think of it? Other than this one small mention here in this thread, I haven't seen anyone bringing it up. One thing lacking with C.I. is his lack of creating any kind of buzz whatsoever for his new releases; Remmant was released to little or no fanfare.

Nick, if you read this: you need to market your products better, bud, or no one's gonna know they exist. :tu:
My plan was to get this at the end of the month, then my mbp crapped out on me (2011 gpu issue), as I was nearing the end of a project I need to see the back of for my own sanity. Last few days have been intense, tears, shouting into my brown paper bag, if it wasn't for my emotional support animal, I'm not sure what I would've done.

One big bank loan later and the wheels are back on, going to get this and navy to celebrate near the tail end of the month, thought it sounded interesting from some of the demo's on pb when it went back up, different enough from my other tools.

mister-rz wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am
Russell Grand wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 pm Remnant looks really cool. I was a beta tester for Creative Intent's distortion plugin. Nick's a great developer with some unique ideas and low prices so I'm excited to try out his new one!

My plan was to get this at the end of the month, then my mbp crapped out on me (2011 gpu issue), as I was nearing the end of a project I need to see the back of for my own sanity. Last few days have been intense, tears, shouting into my brown paper bag, if it wasn't for my emotional support animal, I'm not sure what I would've done.

One big bank loan later and the wheels are back on, going to get this and navy to celebrate near the tail end of the month, thought it sounded interesting from some of the demo's on pb when it went back up, different enough from my other tools.
Oh man, I'm really sorry to read this, rz. I can relate as I've had a few computers die on me before and I've lost more unfinished/finished tracks than I'd care to remember. I do hope you're exaggerating about your tears and shouting, though I can empathize with you and totally get it if those were your actual reactions. I've been there and I hope I'm never there again; the same goes for you!

I'm just glad you're back in the saddle. :tu:
If and when you buy and try out Remnant, please let us know how it is!

So far only the Zynaptiq ones. Those are real beasts and sound fantastic.

Magnut wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:36 pm So far only the Zynaptiq ones. Those are real beasts and sound fantastic.
Must admit, Morph 2 is looking good.
Thats kindof on my tentative BlackFriday list.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

MasterTuner wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 pm
Magnut wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:36 pm So far only the Zynaptiq ones. Those are real beasts and sound fantastic.
Must admit, Morph 2 is looking good.
Thats kindof on my tentative BlackFriday list.
While you're at it do yourself a favor and also check out Zynaptiq's gem Adaptiverb, it's unique and imo it gives you the ability to create sound design/morphing pads that are nothing short of astounding!
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

I wait for their new Orange Vocoder...

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 pm
MasterTuner wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:40 pm
Sinevibes!
Wait, Mac only. Ouch! :D
Pretty sure that Sinevibes are working on Windows capability. But the Norris beauties? Yup! SOL

I love using vallhalla delay as a simple looper
Set to hifi mode , 4 bars long , infinite feedback and some healthy drive drive
Do some ovedubs and after a few iterations it sounds crunchy and fantastic .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Effects”