Opinions - Polyverse I Wish

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:42 am My opinion is that they should have RTO
BTW, curious what does this mean?

qoyl wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:54 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:42 am My opinion is that they should have RTO
Rent-to-own. The plugins are a bit too expensive for me to just buy them.

ahh.. so, i've been doing this all wrong. i assumed that this was just an fx plugin, i.e. just dropping an instance on a mixer track slot. now that i've figured out the midi-gate thing i still don't think it's doing anything special. Manipulator on the other hand, suddenly that's a whole lot of fun to play with.
there are so many plugins that do stuff like this and more. Fracture, Tantra, shaaper box to name but 3. at least i know now how to set up the iwish plugin...

inkwarp wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:10 pmnow that i've figured out the midi-gate thing i still don't think it's doing anything special.
it's basically a synth sampling audio input for it's oscillator's waveform. you may put a "just" before that description though i don't think it's just a synth.
playing around with MIDI controlling I Wish may give some less uninteresting results - stuff like dense short valued notes, playing around with arpeggiators etc.
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

michu wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:06 am
inkwarp wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:10 pmnow that i've figured out the midi-gate thing i still don't think it's doing anything special.
it's basically a synth sampling audio input for it's oscillator's waveform. you may put a "just" before that description though i don't think it's just a synth.
playing around with MIDI controlling I Wish may give some less uninteresting results - stuff like dense short valued notes, playing around with arpeggiators etc.
yes it is like a wavetable synth where the wavetable is continuous according to what you feed into it. Better than might first seem once you start automating stuff - it is very usable

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 am
qoyl wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:54 am
Rent-to-own. The plugins are a bit too expensive for me to just buy them.
Ah got it. Yeah that would be nice- though sales are pretty generous typically.

Return to “Effects”