vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't afford a Ferrari. Maybe I'll steal one and drive it around until I can afford to buy one... :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:02 pm
zombo66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 pm A professor at school once told me about pirated software this was many years ago he would say "test it and try it if you like it buy it" and that's what I been doing i have now many paid software and benefit from updates and patches for my music product so it's up to all but my word of advise to everyone don't market yourself with pirated software if you like it and will use it save up and buy it special deals on holidays!!!don't be cheap!!cheers!!
A strange thing to say from A professor
I read it as “test it and try it (the demo)...” It does not imply to take the risk of virus infected cracks...

zombo66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 pm A professor at school once told me about pirated software this was many years ago he would say "test it and try it if you like it buy it" and that's what I been doing i have now many paid software and benefit from updates and patches for my music product so it's up to all but my word of advise to everyone don't market yourself with pirated software if you like it and will use it save up and buy it special deals on holidays!!!don't be cheap!!cheers!!
for 'professor', its pretty much more typical of 'recent graduate doing part time teaching in a community college'.

actual lecturers (since titled professors pretty much avoid teaching as a matter of principle) at a uni or poly would get hauled over the coals for that sort of comment; they'd actually be jeopardising the place's access to legitimate education site licenses.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:28 pm for 'professor', its pretty much more typical of 'recent graduate doing part time teaching in a community college'.

actual lecturers (since titled professors pretty much avoid teaching as a matter of principle) at a uni or poly would get hauled over the coals for that sort of comment; they'd actually be jeopardising the place's access to legitimate education site licenses.
In the US, professor isn't always a title conferred by the university on only the most senior staff members as it is in most countries. It can even be a non-graduate in the case of people considered to have enough real world experience to teach a class offered by the college.

It's a title given out much more freely in the US, and maybe in other countries too.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:28 pm
for 'professor', its pretty much more typical of 'recent graduate doing part time teaching in a community college'.

Indeed.
Forgotten wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:55 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:28 pm for 'professor', its pretty much more typical of 'recent graduate doing part time teaching in a community college'.

In the US, professor isn't always a title conferred by the university on only the most senior staff members as it is in most countries. It can even be a non-graduate in the case of people considered to have enough real world experience to teach a class offered by the college.

It's a title given out much more freely in the US, and maybe in other countries too.
Well you cant expect anything less from the US. Everything is backwards there. You actually need a degree to be called a professor. Do students actually learn something in the US? Doubtful.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Teksonik wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm I can't afford a Ferrari. Maybe I'll steal one and drive it around until I can afford to buy one... :hyper:
Although i get what you mean, the analogy isn't right.

The threshold for piracy online is SO FREAKIN low, compared to almost all other forms of theft. I don't get why people would steal a car. I get why people would download a software solution (to try for instance, or just for their own (non-professional) usage).

I don't use pirated software at all and i don't talk it right, but i can see why one would use such software

you dont get why someone would steal a car?
sometimes you just want to get home :)

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:12 pm you dont get why someone would steal a car?
sometimes you just want to get home :)
No reason in my head. That is just stupid, considering the consequences. That is what i meant by the threshold .. it is stupid low on software

you're probably right. ill just get a taxi :)

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:28 pm you're probably right. ill just get a taxi :)
:D

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:28 pm you're probably right. ill just get a taxi :)
A friend of mine (ex squaddie),got hammered at a wedding doo, ordered a taxi then when it came, threw the driver out, got in and drove home. When he woke up in the morning and went into the kitchen for a drink, he realised there was a taxi parked on his drive :dog: .
Sorry but all this talk of stealing, cars and taxis just reminded me of what a dick my mate is.
Anyway, as you were...
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

:lol: but without him, no hilarious anecdotes :D

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:39 pm :lol: but without him, no hilarious anecdotes :D
True :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Lol true but it's out there and with pirated software you will have to go through all the trouble setting it up to work properly which I think is a waste of time to to do this every time a new revision comes out...

rugby99 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:22 am notice on Facebook marketplace .large selections of vst,s selling cheap..pay into an account..then you get download link for software...is this dodgy..sounds to good.. ? !... suspicious.....

sounds totally legit to me, I'd def go for it

Return to “Instruments”