That Massive X Library thing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In one of the MX threads (probably locked), I said MX couldn't find the presets.

Unlikely this would happen to anyone else, but I think the reason why was that NI used the .lib extension for MX, and that was already used on my computer by Yamaha's VL editor.

Got it sorted, but don't remember how. Just posted in case anyone else runs into something similar.

much as i've defended MX, the preset browser needs to be, at least, fixed somewhat... soon. i have 2 3rd-party soundsets, and there's no separation of them in the browser; all presets are just dumped into 'user'. annoying (not 'the-end of-the world' annoying, but still........

Does it still forget the preset name on reload? :P
ImageImageImageImage

Yes. I tested in Cakewalk and Cubase. When I reopened the files, they played the right preset but didn't display its name.

Mitch I. wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:06 pm Yes. I tested in Cakewalk and Cubase. When I reopened the files, they played the right preset but didn't display its name.
logic as well. :(

BTW there's a new manual available: Voice and Tune. Currently scratching my head over it.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... x/manuals/

Massive X factory content update is available. New presets.
More BPM please

Since posting in this thread I have experienced that it not only forgets the preset name on relaunch, but sometimes actually forgets the settings. Even factory presets.
What a delightful machine to work with. :)
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:35 am Since posting in this thread I have experienced that it not only forgets the preset name on relaunch, but sometimes actually forgets the settings. Even factory presets.
What a delightful machine to work with. :)
that hasn't happened here. what DAW?

FL Studio
Im not completely sure I was using the latest version of either of em..
It recalled just fine like dozens of times, but so far has missed it twice.
ImageImageImageImage

dionenoid wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:56 pm Massive X factory content update is available. New presets.
A friend gave me a nice older gamers machine (win 7 Home Premium)
so I tried installing the V 1.01 Massive X demo, and made a CD of the
new sound library iso. Massive X seemed to install fine,
and I launched the preset library installer from the CD, and that
also went well. I did get a runtime error once from reaper when I pressed
some wrong button or slid an unlucky knob by mistake, but I don't know
which one it was :scared:
At least I found enough nice/unique sounds to put it on the
no-brainer-sale watch list :hyper:
Cheers

Has anyone found somewhere a list about the new presets ? As the browser dont show and I dont have a list of the old one, another point for updating the browser as soon as possible to be able to see whats new :-(

tatanka wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:21 am Has anyone found somewhere a list about the new presets ? As the browser dont show and I dont have a list of the old one, another point for updating the browser as soon as possible to be able to see whats new :-(
i have the same question....

If you downloaded the sound library iso file earlier,
windows properties showed numbers to compare sizes:

new iso (created Sept 1st) size: 60,900,568

original iso (created July 7th) size: 60,960,768

(The original download is surprisingly actually larger,
did someone spike Germany's water systems? :dog: )

After installing the V 1.01 sound library from
a burned CD of the iso, the presets folder in
Users\Public\Documents\Massive X Factory Library

has 637 files and one folder ( .previews )
with on disk size of 63,078,400 bytes

Return to “Instruments”