A couple of old re-mastered tracks (psytrance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think i posted at least one of these as WIP a while back (nobody remembers anyway :) ) but never posted the final mastered versions.

These are two progressive psytrance tracks with some melodic/uplifting moments.

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/m ... p-with-mtr

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/s ... he-machine
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Listened to Morning Wakeup. Despite the frantic psytrance bass this tune had a nice chill vibe to it. I really enjoyed your choice of textures, sfx, etc and how you move those in and out of sound field. It kept my interest throughout. Only minor niggle is that to my ear, there could have been some greater clarity in the mids & mid highs. Nice one.

ecamburn wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:33 pm Only minor niggle is that to my ear, there could have been some greater clarity in the mids & mid highs.
Yes, it was a persistent issue with my older tracks, i now try to pay more attention to this in my new mixes.

Thanks for listening! :)

Listened to both tracks. Musically very cool. Loved the breakdown on the 2nd track. 9 out of 10 stars on track 1 and 9.5 out of 10 stars on track 2. I can picture both of these being played in clubs. That you haven't made any headway with your stuff, is it out of lack of interest or just that hard to break in?

wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:06 pm Listened to both tracks. Musically very cool. Loved the breakdown on the 2nd track. 9 out of 10 stars on track 1 and 9.5 out of 10 stars on track 2.
Thanks!
wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:06 pm That you haven't made any headway with your stuff, is it out of lack of interest or just that hard to break in?
If by making a headway you mean making more tracks, improving production, I have some stuff in the works, just don't want to release or post it before i'm 100% sure it's ready and sounds good.

If you mean getting signed by a big label and such, well maybe someday :) But it's not really my primary goal, I make music as a hobby in spare time and I'm happy when I manage to make something I like myself. Not having any deadlines to meet and not having to worry about current trends is cool I think.

Psytrance is not exactly the most approriate niche to became famous and make money anyways :)

psy is all over my radar right now as I have a friend pushing me to work out show it all works so I can teach him the rules. Odd as he knows EDM, in general, is not my thing.

But I do have a softer spot for psy as not only have those people been a bit kinder to me but the form somehow feels more musical (despite an almost total lack of clearly musical elements). It is an intriguing form. One that I think honors the original Acid House and early Trance far more than what EDM became.

In my first round of study I made a track I posted here in the Cafe. While I got some of the platform right, I totally missed it with the topline parts. I finished it as one of my own for my current project.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=530369

I have used this time to listen to yours. They sound good. And they carry themselves as a journey too. I rather like it even. If I had an album of this, I would choose to pop it on now and then. I can't suggest anything to change as it all sound right her in my studio.

:-)

Benedict wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:49 pm One that I think honors the original Acid House and early Trance far more than what EDM became.
Agree on that, I used to like melodic trance and classic goa like Astral Projection, then switched to psy because what they call "trance" now doesn't sound like trance to me at all. Still I tend to put some melodic trance bits into most of my tracks.
Benedict wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:49 pm I have used this time to listen to yours. They sound good. And they carry themselves as a journey too. I rather like it even. If I had an album of this, I would choose to pop it on now and then. I can't suggest anything to change as it all sound right her in my studio.
Thanks, glad you liked it :)

I just played Morning Wakeup. That is a very smooth production. The melodic parts work very well and the track is very easy to listen to.

Good work :)

Thanks, Seismic! :)

Quality tracks!

oops, error post

mindstuff wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:23 am Quality tracks!
Thanks!

awesome sounds, awesome production, I would suggest more short breaks and kick fills, and one rhythm change maybe, btw there is a great forum on facebook for reviews of psytrance tracks, you can get some valuable feedback on it https://www.facebook.com/groups/918980644855699/

MorphedDreams wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:34 pm awesome sounds, awesome production, I would suggest more short breaks and kick fills, and one rhythm change maybe
Thanks! :)

These tracks were meant to be more kind of oldschool psy-prog, like early Liquid Soul, Suntree and such, more minimal prog kind of thing (especially the first one) but I'm experimenting with breaks and rhythm changes in my new tracks.
MorphedDreams wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:34 pm there is a great forum on facebook for reviews of psytrance tracks, you can get some valuable feedback on it https://www.facebook.com/groups/918980644855699/
Thanks, noted

recursive,
Thank you for the review! Now your music. 'Morning Wakeup': I like the intro. Some trippy synths man. I like the ping-pong delays. Even though the tempo is rather fast, it seems rather danceable to me. What vocoder are you using (assuming you have one)? It sounds good. The song is a bit long, but plenty cool and well done. Nice! What state or country are you from?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “Music Cafe”