Padshop Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any opinions of how Padshop Pro holds up these days?

I'm not the biggest fan of Steinberg's elicenser but I am currently lacking of a good granular synth.

Anyone have any opinions of it that they care to share?

Thanks,
Nathan

Wait for padshop 2 this fall

I love it, thought first that Halion could do the same, but found out, its all about workflow. The workflow in Padshop is inspiring, you get straight to the fun parts... (Halion is confusing in that regard...)
I am happy with what I got... (don’t feel a need for v2...)

Iva wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am Wait for padshop 2 this fall
Did Steinberg hint on that?

Padshop Pro is highly recommended. It's one of those granular synths that makes gorgeous sounds with great ease.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Awesome. Thanks everyone!

nathanj wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:36 am Any opinions of how Padshop Pro holds up these days?
Still holding up well, for 50% off it is a bargain, its strength lies in its usability.

Hadrondrift wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:15 pm
nathanj wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:36 am Any opinions of how Padshop Pro holds up these days?
Still holding up well, for 50% off it is a bargain, its strength lies in its usability.
Where is it being sold at 50%?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:35 pm
Steinberg site.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Yeah i second that. Padshop Pro is a nice instrument. Other granular synths often are a bit overkill, in terms of features, for me.

telecode wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Steinberg site.
Checked the product page but the price was the same. I'm guessing there is a general sale, maybe. Will look again.

himalaya wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 am Padshop Pro is highly recommended. It's one of those granular synths that makes gorgeous sounds with great ease.
+1 Many other granular synths are glitch bitches :) but this one is very easy to use and get great sounds out of it. Not a powerhouse of features but very musically orientated. Still holding strong.

telecode wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Steinberg site.
D'oh :dog: !! There's only a bloody pop-up, right in my face :oops: :oops:

I don't own any other Steinberg products. I can buy Padshop Pro and use it with Ableton? (I had a notion there was something else I'd have to install to run it, like one has to do with certain UVI instruments).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:31 pm I don't own any other Steinberg products. I can buy Padshop Pro and use it with Ableton? (I had a notion there was something else I'd have to install to run it, like one has to do with certain UVI instruments).
Yes you can. You will have to install software elicenser to activate it (its like iLok). It does not require any container like UVI Workstation or UVI Falcon to run it.
iswr

Return to “Instruments”