A/DA flanger (280 instances on one track possible)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:11 pm
escalona wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm Note: I know the instance count was really just to compare UAD performance versus native, and we all agree that no track should ever have more than 42 flangers on it.
Use your ears! ...if 43 flangers on a track sound good, then it's good! :party: :hihi:
43 simultaneous flangers can never sound good on a single track. It's a scientific law. Like how you can't fold a piece of paper more than 7 times. In fact, according to this law, the maximum number of flangers as inserts before the track is guaranteed to sound bad is 41. 42 comes from 1 additional flanger on the master. These are just the laws of physics. I don't argue with them.
I succumb and surrender my soul to the truth! 42 flangers tops, that's it, I promise.
:party: :lol: :hihi:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

42 IS THE ANSWER !

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:03 pm 42 IS THE ANSWER !
See? And now you know what the question is.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Unaspected wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:55 pm I don't think think I knew that about BRA. Indeed, some of PA's plugins are truly great and I'm glad I snapped them up when they were on sale at more reasonable prices.

Fuse Audio is where it's at now. While Raimund (Ray) still works as a contracted coder for both PA and BRA, Fuse Audio is his own company. It's also the only one out of the three that has resizable GUIs. He often has great sales btw. (right now the two Telefunken emus are each 66% off.)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

db3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm

That said, I heard Elton John bought this flanger without a voucher. Nuff said.

WTF is all this Elton John shit I keep seeing? :lol:

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm
db3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm

That said, I heard Elton John bought this flanger without a voucher. Nuff said.

WTF is all this Elton John shit I keep seeing? :lol:
Boz Digital released their Imperial Delay and I think it had a "regular price" of $300 on launch or something. The way the story goes, when people complained about pricing, the developer pointed to Elton John's engineer getting it as proof that the pricing was fine. Or something. So any time a plugin is priced too high, Elton John owning a license will inevitably come up. I'm sure if you search for the original Imperial Delay KVR thread you'll find it.

The funny thing is, like any tall tale, it's gotten bigger over time. The running joke used to be about "Elton John's engineer" but now it's morphed into Sir Elton himself as the collector of expensive plugins.

Next week we‘ll explain the KVR legend This Plugin! :D

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 pm Next week we‘ll explain the KVR legend This Plugin! :D
And "One Ping Only." Best wavetable synth? One Ping Only. Best virtual analog? One Ping Only. Best organ VST? One Ping Only. Best modular? One Ping Only.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:54 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 pm Next week we‘ll explain the KVR legend This Plugin! :D
And "One Ping Only." Best wavetable synth? One Ping Only. Best virtual analog? One Ping Only. Best organ VST? One Ping Only. Best modular? One Ping Only.
https://youtu.be/jr0JaXfKj68

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:54 pm
https://youtu.be/jr0JaXfKj68
A stone-cold classic (don't get me started on how we need more, good submarine movies), and great inspiration for the greatest softsynth of all time. :P

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm WTF is all this Elton John shit I keep seeing? :lol:
Boz Digital released their Imperial Delay and I think it had a "regular price" of $300 on launch or something. The way the story goes, when people complained about pricing, the developer pointed to Elton John's engineer getting it as proof that the pricing was fine. Or something.
Rather "something". ;-)

Boz made a hypothetical point that someone like e.g. Elton John wouldn't give a damn whether a plugin costs 30$ or 300$ - thus he or his engineer would get it at any price-point if they liked what it does and Boz was absolutely convinced that his Imperial Delay was THE delay plugin to get, THE delay plugin that would be on everyone's tongue henceforth when it comes to mentioning delay plugins. Basically he seemed convinced that ID would totally have what it takes to dethrone Echo Boy. In all fairness it has to be said though that the intro price was something like 55$ and Boz said there would be regular sales, however that it would never get as cheap as the intro price again.

I think he simply listened to the wrong guy(s). My guess (really just a guess) is that this Brandon Drury guy said something along the lines of "I'll make all these videos, showing off what Imperial Delay can do and then it'll start selling like cheesecake"

I guess the plan was that many many people would jump aboard the intro offer, thus making ID indeed a very popular delay plugin and perhaps indeed sort of a quasi-standard. But it totally didn't work. It gets rarely ever mentioned. It was a stupid stunt and probably something Boz still regrets today. To his credit it has to be said that he himself takes any mentioning of Elton John in good sport.

But please don't state that Boz claimed Elton John was his customer. That never happened. It's a mixture of a false rumour and people simply being to daft to get his point.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I bought the flanger yesterday because the sound is better than the flanger in s-gear which i usually used for virtual guitar amps, with a voucher and the opening offer i payed around 50€ which is ok for a better guitar sound out of the box. best regards Elton ;)

jens wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:28 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm WTF is all this Elton John shit I keep seeing? :lol:
Boz Digital released their Imperial Delay and I think it had a "regular price" of $300 on launch or something. The way the story goes, when people complained about pricing, the developer pointed to Elton John's engineer getting it as proof that the pricing was fine. Or something.
Rather "something". ;-)

Boz made a hypothetical point that someone like e.g. Elton John wouldn't give a damn whether a plugin costs 30$ or 300$ - thus he or his engineer would get it at any price-point if they liked what it does and Boz was absolutely convinced that his Imperial Delay was THE delay plugin to get, THE delay plugin that would be on everyone's tongue henceforth when it comes to mentioning delay plugins. Basically he seemed convinced that ID would totally have what it takes to dethrone Echo Boy. In all fairness it has to be said though that the intro price was something like 55$ and Boz said there would be regular sales, however that it would never get as cheap as the intro price again.

I think he simply listened to the wrong guy(s). My guess (really just a guess) is that this Brandon Drury guy said something along the lines of "I'll make all these videos, showing off what Imperial Delay can do and then it'll start selling like cheesecake"

I guess the plan was that many many people would jump aboard the intro offer, thus making ID indeed a very popular delay plugin and perhaps indeed sort of a quasi-standard. But it totally didn't work. It gets rarely ever mentioned. It was a stupid stunt and probably something Boz still regrets today. To his credit it has to be said that he himself takes any mentioning of Elton John in good sport.

But please don't state that Boz claimed Elton John was his customer. That never happened. It's a mixture of a false rumour and people simply being to daft to get his point.
Well, that's even less of a fun story! Like, I said, "tall tales." Even I remember it entirely wrong.

The important thing to remember is that Elton John only buys the most expensive plugins. In KVR-lore anyway. :lol:

I thought it was a joke too until I saw Rocketman in the theater and spotted this:

:lol:

You guys are too funny.

Return to “Effects”