Padshop Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great grain synth, with powerful granular engine that sounds very good and lush. Soundwise, one of the best I think. The only thing I really don’t like about it is that it copies and saves all the samples used in its own location, therefore you can end up with a big fat folder full of samples used or once used by Padshop.

Other than that, amazing drone and pad maker.

If anyone happens to be interested in Nektar controllers, now might be the time to buy one. Until September 30.2019 they are giving any new purchase a free license for Padshop Pro. More info on the main page of their site
https://nektartech.com/

Why is padshop pro so cheap
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Not cheap at all. It is an instrument, great but limited. It is old. Its interface is not resizable and hardly usable in high-resolution screens.
I still love it and use it more than any of the other granular software plugins out there. But it is not cheap, the price is just perfect.

enCiphered wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:13 pm Its interface is not resizable and hardly usable in high-resolution screens.
Ya, I'm just finding this out--I needs to use my glasses to see the text--small, and not a distinct contrast from background.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Iva wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am Wait for padshop 2 this fall
Link?

hardwired wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:37 pm If anyone happens to be interested in Nektar controllers, now might be the time to buy one. Until September 30.2019 they are giving any new purchase a free license for Padshop Pro. More info on the main page of their site
https://nektartech.com/
This is interesting.

I had this as a cheap upgrade from "pad shop" when I used Cubase. It's pretty great, but not enough to pay any real money (well, I have Reason which has a decent granular synth built in. )

telecode wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 pm Why is padshop pro so cheap
If you think it's cheap, you're probably just used to overpaying for stuff. :D

felis wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:24 am
Iva wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am Wait for padshop 2 this fall
Link?
Second that

You can put almost anything through it and get musical fun! Interface got a minor fix earlier this year I think but it needs to be resizable. Love it though.

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm Great grain synth, with powerful granular engine that sounds very good and lush. Soundwise, one of the best I think. The only thing I really don’t like about it is that it copies and saves all the samples used in its own location, therefore you can end up with a big fat folder full of samples used or once used by Padshop.

Is the Steinberg Library Manager capable of preventing this? I'm considering upgrading Padshop and HALion during the sale, but I don't want to fill my system SSD with sample content.

biscuitdough wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:26 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm Great grain synth, with powerful granular engine that sounds very good and lush. Soundwise, one of the best I think. The only thing I really don’t like about it is that it copies and saves all the samples used in its own location, therefore you can end up with a big fat folder full of samples used or once used by Padshop.

Is the Steinberg Library Manager capable of preventing this? I'm considering upgrading Padshop and HALion during the sale, but I don't want to fill my system SSD with sample content.
No idea, I don't use the Steinberg Library Manager. But I think it's part of Padshop's structure, as I've read many complains in other forums about this. But maybe you could give the demo a try and see if it works and it's compatible with the Padshop presets? Who knows. For me, it's the only complain about this great synth. All the rest, especially its granula engine is top notch.

I was searching for a basic midi controller with at least 61 keys & picked the Nektar out. The specs said it comes with
BitWig 8-track.Just noticed the little summer advert for free padshop after ordering it & came to KVR to see if it's a goodie
I have to add to the chorus of being bummed out about the rigid library structure since the first thing I'll be wanting to do is drop samples in there,but if it's a good engine I can limit the palette
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Which Nektar did you get? Hope you like it as much as I like mine.

It's a GX61 and the keys feel good.It just arrived today. It does what it said on the tin and I'm happy with it
I just finished doing the online reg dance so my copy of Padshop pro will be shipped. It's a basic model
but I'm used to using the Trigger Finger for knob twiddling & such so it's perfect for me
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Return to “Instruments”