Airwindows Interstage: Mac/Windows/Linux AU/VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds like I have a sort of bugfix to do. Mind you, that's not as aggressive as I thought, it's sort of in line with what I'd like to see happening (SORT of) but I'm game to have the slew clipping more or less go away at high sample rates. This is not supposed to be a super-obvious crunchmaker, so the solution is clear.

I'll see if I can get some likely file to stress it like your example does, for testing, and then I'll see if I can do an update.

have it go away COMPLETELY at higher rates? cause i quite liked how it sounded. if it's impossible to make it work at higher rates, though, i'll just pick strategic points during the mastering or file rendering process to use it on.

I've done the update: redownload it and give it a try. It's important to understand that it's going to use the SAME threshold for 'how far it can slew in a sample' for every sample rate, so it very much does not go away completely. What I had, was the threshold getting way smaller if your sample rate was higher (on the rationale that it'd be the same, since you were covering the 'same distance' to get the same slew)

And that didn't work and especially didn't work for you, so here, try the same thing with one change: not altering the 'threshold' for the slew by sample rate. It's always the same threshold now. :)

Interstage.zip(341k)

Since the former should have been exactly right and wasn't, and since this is the same at whichever rate you use, this is more likely to be exactly right (and work properly at higher rates: it's still very much active, in fact now it's identical to what's in the 44.1K version).

yeah, that's odd—it seems like it SHOULD make sense… i wonder if it has something to do with the fact that it's doing some of its calculations based on an altered version of the previous sample

EDIT: it doesn't seem to do that thingy any more, and it seems to output largely the same signal that the 44.1khz version does

Good, that's what we wanted. I learned a thing :)

Return to “Effects”