Beta testing a sample recording plugin/app

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 pm In Live you can record a clip, drop it into Simpler and you're done. No need for 3rd party wav players.
Even with his Kontakt example, you can record audio into a clip or track in Live (or many other DAWs), and drag and drop that directly into a fully mapped Kontakt keyrange. It’s an almost instantaneous process that requires virtually no time or effort.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Version 1.0.4 Uploaded.

https://github.com/WilliamKWusik/Wusik- ... master.zip

- Added the option to record very large audios into RAM. By default the code has a 60 seconds buffer, when the audio is larger it will start adding 60 seconds buffers into an array so you can record up to several minutes. Only limited by your RAM and OS type (64/32 bits). Audio shorter than 60 seconds can use the key pitch to change the pitch of the playback, larger audios will always play without any pitch changes.

deastman wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:29 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 pm In Live you can record a clip, drop it into Simpler and you're done. No need for 3rd party wav players.
Even with his Kontakt example, you can record audio into a clip or track in Live (or many other DAWs), and drag and drop that directly into a fully mapped Kontakt keyrange. It’s an almost instantaneous process that requires virtually no time or effort.
In a lecture hall, something that takes 15 seconds of fiddling with Kontakt mapping (which I find quite hard to do with its non-dpi-aware code on my 2k+ Surface) seems like 15 minutes when the room goes silent and 75 students are waiting. The fewest number of keypresses and drags I could figure out to record, wav save, keymap, and patch save is still 10x more than William's approach. Much like the difference between playing at home and playing out live, there's a very different perspective of the meaning of "almost instantaneous" depending on the venue.

I guess more people found this useful. ;-) :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”