Need help with finding VST plugin for dynamics

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Yulian
KVRer
5 posts since 9 Aug, 2019

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:46 am

Hello!
Thank you for KVR Audio! It`s a really great job! I found a lot of useful here!

I am writing with a translator, so I apologize in advance for my English))
Please help me with this question:
I am looking for a VST plugin with the same features as Dynamic Processing from Adobe Audition.
He allows me to adjust the gain on any part of the dynamic range of the input signal.
In fact, this effect combines the functions of a compressor, expander and gate, this is an amazing combination!

As we see in the screenshot: the green diagonal is an input signal that has no changes in the output. The blue curve is the output signal that has been changed. Horizontal axis of the scale - input signal range (from -∞ to 0 dB); vertical axis - correction range (output signal change).

In the screenshot, the input signal volume in the -∞dB -65dB section go down. Next the volume of the -65dB -15dB section is amplified, and the input signal receives the greatest gain at the -40dB point.

I need such a plugin for use it in other editors, in order to constantly reduce the noise which is located at low decibels. I know about Gates for this task. But they do not affect the signal itself, they simply turn off the output when the input signal level drops below the threshold.
Please tell me an analogue of such a plug-in as Dynamic Processing. Or maybe advise me another vst to solve the above problems. Thanks a lot in advance!

DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3204 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Re: Need help with finding VST plugin for dynamics

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:33 am

Ozone Dynamics module has 3 stages that can be configured separately.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

telecharge
KVRist
446 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 am

Yulian wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:46 am
I need such a plugin for use it in other editors, in order to constantly reduce the noise which is located at low decibels.
If you are more interested in simplicity and noise reduction, check out Brusfri - https://klevgrand.se/products/brusfri

If you are more interested in an all-in-one dynamics plugin, check out the suggestions in this thread -
viewtopic.php?t=507806

soulone82
KVRian
940 posts since 16 Aug, 2010 from almost everywhere...

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 am

Yulian wrote:
Please tell me an analogue of such a plug-in
A compander is what you are looking for.

The dynamics section of my Symetrix 528 is very similar. Unfortunately I can´t recommend a plugin as I am a hardware guy...

Notheorem729
KVRer
10 posts since 5 Apr, 2019

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:54 am

This is the only thing that really comes close to allowing you to make curves in that way.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCompressor

Make sure you use the "custom shape" option in order to draw your own curves. There is a free version so it is worth a try at least.

There are other tools that can do a lot with dynamics but not in a graphical way like that. Which is honestly somewhat surprising.

Yulian
KVRer

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:47 am

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:33 am
Ozone Dynamics module has 3 stages that can be configured separately.
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I'm sure Ozone plugins are really good. But I need this just only for myself, so I give priority to free or low-cost plug-ins.

Yulian
KVRer

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 am

telecharge wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 am
Yulian wrote:
I need such a plugin for use it in other editors, in order to constantly reduce the noise which is located at low decibels.
If you are more interested in simplicity and noise reduction, check out Brusfri - https://klevgrand.se/products/brusfri

If you are more interested in an all-in-one dynamics plugin, check out the suggestions in this thread -
viewtopic.php?t=507806
Thank you for your reply! I have already used the Brusfri plugin before. It performs noise reduction really well!

Yulian
KVRer

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:02 am

Notheorem729 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:54 am
This is the only thing that really comes close to allowing you to make curves in that way.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCompressor

Make sure you use the "custom shape" option in order to draw your own curves. There is a free version so it is worth a try at least.

There are other tools that can do a lot with dynamics but not in a graphical way like that. Which is honestly somewhat surprising.
Hello! Thanks for the answer! Yes, I agree with you. Indeed, there are few such plugins. I asked for help for this reason!) Thanks for the advice about MCompressor from MeldaProduction. I checked it out. Really nice plugin in the free version.

Yulian
KVRer

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:12 am

soulone82 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 am
Yulian wrote:
Please tell me an analogue of such a plug-in
A compander is what you are looking for.

The dynamics section of my Symetrix 528 is very similar. Unfortunately I can´t recommend a plugin as I am a hardware guy...
Hello! Is the Symetrix 528 an analog device? I think it works very well in real time) But, unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to have such a luxury!)
It would be nice to have a plugin with this functionality!

telecharge
KVRist
446 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 am

Yulian wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:47 am
Yes, I'm sure Ozone plugins are really good. But I need this just only for myself, so I give priority to free or low-cost plug-ins.
Here's another freebie to try: https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-compexp

Return to “Effects”