Messiah goes 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Strange, the previous zip file worked fine here...

I think the Initialize patch should reset the patch every time it is loaded, not return to an Initialize patch already modified earlier on in the same session.

I tried the Messiah demo and it sounds very nice. Bright, ballsy, complex...
Any thoughts on how it stacks up against a real P5 rev3, or Repro-5? I'm in mood to buy a Prophet 5 emulation!

Oh whoa, nice surprise, I sent an email and am waiting for a reply with the download. I own Repro too, I'm eager to see how they compare, I use Repro-1 a lot, but because of CPU 5 doesn't get touched much, this should be a great addition for that reason.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

And I like it a lot. CPU use is truly minuscule. I wish the HQ skin was smaller and higher def, but I guess this fixes issues with people with huge screens, which is the critical point. The new filters are great from what I've dug into. Anyhow, cool beans and it is great there is a cheaper Sequential 64 bit option now.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Fantastic synth! The palette is infinite!
:love:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Gunnar, it would be nice to add a KVR product page for your three synths. Why don't you? Making a product page for your three synths would make them yet more popular (and with yet more sales)... and would also allow the KVR users to publish their own patches.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Gunnar released a cool MIDI Map for the Messiah 2.0. Now that Nicolas at Soundforce has released his SFC-5 Prophet 5 MIDI controller, you could map the core controls to the SFC-5 and not worry about mouse clicks. 8)
Chuck :violin:
All the world's a stage, …and everything's basically frequencies in one way or another. ~Nicolas Tesla Rachmaninoff~
Pieces of my brain keep falling out. No problem, I just keep picking them up and putting them back in.

I just downloaded Messiah 2.0. Truth be told here, I am a long-time Prophet owner from the '80s, and I have been looking for a good emulation for awhile, and tetering between u-he and Arturia (at $150, I wasn't rushing into it). My big issue is that I like to keep the resource-usage on my rig on the "lower" side just out of good practice (I use a gen-4 i7 laptop with an RME Babyface Pro).

I am already a user and fan of Guido Scagnomaglia's VB3 II, 4Front's TruePiano Amber, Saphire and Atlantis modules, AAS Lounge Lizard EP-4, and SonicProject's OPX Pro II. That being said, I like what I am hearing and seeing in these KVR threads, and so I can't wait to run Messiah 2.0 thru a good test drive. With a lower resource footprint and sound-quality rivaling Repro, this may be the Prophet emulation I have been waiting for.
Chuck :violin:
All the world's a stage, …and everything's basically frequencies in one way or another. ~Nicolas Tesla Rachmaninoff~
Pieces of my brain keep falling out. No problem, I just keep picking them up and putting them back in.

The new update has been released. It seems to be one heck of a synth for 40 dollars.
http://www.memorymoon.com/messiah.htm

New:
-- New skin by Graphomet. The skin size is in 3 sizes. You select the size in the upper left corner. Changes will not take effect until you close the GUI and open it again.
-- Sound engine oversampled 4x
-- Attack times are now true 0s at minimum attack.
-- Delay knob for LFO2 and LFO3. This allows for slowly LFO fade in.
-- New "Thump" button in the envelopes. Gives a 4ms hold time for the VCA envelope like the minimoog with its clipped envelopes.
-- New "NOTE ON SYNC" button in the oscillator section. Normally the oscillators are free running. The downside to this might be that each note will start with slightly different phase, and sometimes two oscillators will phase each other out. We added this knob so that you can be sure that every note has the same energy at note start. This is especially useful for bass patches. You will find a similar button on the moog minitaur.
-- New CC presets for many hardware synthesizers. To load a CC preset hit: "File" button, and then browse to C://Documents-and-settings/All-users/Shared-documents/Messiah/presets. In the Messiah/banks folder you will find all the banks installed. CC presets included for the following synths: Minilogue2.0 , MoogSUB37, NordStage3, OB6 , Prophet6 , Prophet REV2 , RolandXa (this synth will send very few CC messages, so the control is limited) , Roland System8 and Soundforce SFC5.
-- New destination for mod wheel: Chorus speed. This is to allow the mod wheel to control leslie speed in organ patches.

Very good, pleasant sound quality, while the CPU hardly takes notice of the plugin. Impressive efficiency :clap:

Just curious - could someone please tell me how many presets Messiah comes with?

as a user, where can I download the update ?

bharris22 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:51 pm Just curious - could someone please tell me how many presets Messiah comes with?
Version 2.0 shipped with 889 patches, so it must be at least as many with the new update.
I can't tell because the demo version still seems to be 2.0 rather than 2.1.

rasmusklump wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:54 pm as a user, where can I download the update ?
Normally links are sent out to your email.
I haven't got one as yet..
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Instruments”