The Echo

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Echo

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13913950

This is based on a Hive Luftrum Arp patch with Alchemy, Diva, Zebra2. Also Cinematic Strings and CineWinds.

It has a really nice relaxed sound which is a pleasure against the non-stop EDM and overloud Pop.

Sadly the melodic synths didn't speak properly which really undoes what you were hoping to achieve. Are you only using presets as attacks need to be adjusted to let the sounds articulate properly for the material?

I like your idea a lot and would like to hear it realized better (same sounds, just allowed to speak & mix better).

:-)

Interesting mix of electronic and soundtrack styles. I could picture this working as a soundtrack. I appreciated the syncopation between voices and the eastern(?) scales used in some of the melodies.

Benedict wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:16 am It has a really nice relaxed sound which is a pleasure against the non-stop EDM and overloud Pop.

Sadly the melodic synths didn't speak properly which really undoes what you were hoping to achieve. Are you only using presets as attacks need to be adjusted to let the sounds articulate properly for the material?

I like your idea a lot and would like to hear it realized better (same sounds, just allowed to speak & mix better).

:-)
Thanks for commenting Benedict.

The only melodic synths, if you can call it a melody, are in the first and third sections. They have a soft pad like sound. This works for me.

The second and last sections use violins, and oboe for melody. There are some pad sounds playing here for some continuation of the previous section’s soundscape but I think they are back in the mix far enough to give the orchestral instruments enough room.

I did replace the clarinet part with more oboe. It seems to work better.

ecamburn wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:17 pm Interesting mix of electronic and soundtrack styles. I could picture this working as a soundtrack. I appreciated the syncopation between voices and the eastern(?) scales used in some of the melodies.
Thanks ecamburn!

Yes, it does seem have an eastern flavor to it for a spell. It wasn’t intentional. I guess it just fit in.

I think it works very well. I like the mix of synths with the strings/winds. I agree that it has a cinematic/soundtrack vibe.

Good work :)

An interesting and original composition. Overall quite good although I find some of the instruments carrying the melody to be very thin sounding as if all the low frequencies were cut.

seismic1 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:15 pm I think it works very well. I like the mix of synths with the strings/winds. I agree that it has a cinematic/soundtrack vibe.

Good work :)
I’m back!

Thanks seismic!

Maybe a touch of ambient also.

Frantz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:59 am An interesting and original composition. Overall quite good although I find some of the instruments carrying the melody to be very thin sounding as if all the low frequencies were cut.
Thanks for commenting Franz.

I think your referring to the dominate high first violins at the beginning of the second at final sections. The second violins then join the 1st violins but an octave loser. I’ll look into arranging this differently to give it some lower sound for balance.

Return to “Music Cafe”