Audio realism ABL 3.2.0 update any soon ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Liked everything except the waveform selector >
Easily fixed by replacing it with the original , and fix the underlying image on the background plane ( + some added gaussian noise )

Great work Erik
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks kingtubby, bM3w and gentleclockdivider.

Nice skins, thank you.
In the "promo" screenshot they look so much better without the empty space on the sides. I guess the plugin can't change it's shape (aspect ratio) and that's why the empty space needs to be there.
The (IMO unnecessary) red text "battery" is unreadable on 100%, it looks distorted/ugly. I would cut that out.

The plugin can be resized to an absurdly small size by dragging the right corner. :o
Is that intentional or is it a bug? I mean, logically it would stop, at the still usable "small GUI size" setting.
Thanks for the update!

anoise wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 am Nice skins, thank you.
In the "promo" screenshot they look so much better without the empty space on the sides. I guess the plugin can't change it's shape (aspect ratio) and that's why the empty space needs to be there.
The (IMO unnecessary) red text "battery" is unreadable on 100%, it looks distorted/ugly. I would cut that out.

The plugin can be resized to an absurdly small size by dragging the right corner. :o
Is that intentional or is it a bug? I mean, logically it would stop, at the still usable "small GUI size" setting.
Thanks for the update!
Yup, aspect ratio of the plugin is fixed size.

Battery is easy to remove if you don’t like it. The background image is just a png. :tu:

I don’t work at Audiorealism so I don’t know why they decided to make the resize go from large to very small. But why is that a problem? Just set it to a size that you like and leave it there. Best pixel ratio for the skins is selecting large in the menu, that’s not exactly as big as it gets if you drag the window size yourself, makes stuff less blurry.

Lars-Erik wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm
I don’t work at Audiorealism so I don’t know why they decided to make the resize go from large to very small. But why is that a problem? Just set it to a size that you like and leave it there. Best pixel ratio for the skins is selecting large in the menu, that’s not exactly as big as it gets if you drag the window size yourself, makes stuff less blurry.
Yes, that's right -- the Menu options to select size are made to be multiples of the window size so there should be less blurry in Large or Normal settings.

In ABL2 we had fully customisable skins and window size but it turned out to be a bit of a hassle to maintain so in ABL3 we went for simple bitmap reskinning..

Mike / audiorealism
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:56 pm Is it finally getting swing back again? Just brutal that hasn't been put back yet after losing it in V3.
I don't have ABL but I was under the impression it's possible to run this plugin's sequencer from midi, isn't that the case?

acYm wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:56 pm Is it finally getting swing back again? Just brutal that hasn't been put back yet after losing it in V3.
I don't have ABL but I was under the impression it's possible to run this plugin's sequencer from midi, isn't that the case?
Yes you can send midi notes to abl3 instead of using the internal sequencer.

no, no, not instead of using the internal sequencer. driving the internal sequencer timing from midi note input.

acYm wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:38 pm no, no, not instead of using the internal sequencer. driving the internal sequencer timing from midi note input.
Yes perfectly possible , these are called sync modes and are only effective when midi mode is set to 'pattern'
You either program the sequence in abl , and then you choose if it runs when your host runs
this is called : HOst sync ( it automatically starts and stops )
You can also choose that the sequencer only runs when it receives a midi note ( this midi note triggers the pattern during a gate on , and stops when it recceives a gate off )
Which is called : Midi trigger

And lastly , you can just program notes in your daw ( set abl to note mode ) ,set midi mode to NOTE , this obviously turns of the internal sequencer , so sync modes are not applied here
Remember that a 303 default gate length of a note is 50% , so a 16th note ( without slide ) is essentiallly a 32nd note +32nd rest
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

it's also possible to get midi out from the built in sequencer. Depends on your OS and DAW to some extent, but very cool to drive other gear and plugins from the built in sequencer.

LarsErik wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 pm it's also possible to get midi out from the built in sequencer. Depends on your OS and DAW to some extent, but very cool to drive other gear and plugins from the built in sequencer.
That's cool. It works in Bitwig, but when I stop the DAW playback, most of the time the last note hangs. Seems like a bug.

LarsErik wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 pm it's also possible to get midi out from the built in sequencer. Depends on your OS and DAW to some extent, but very cool to drive other gear and plugins from the built in sequencer.
In deed, I just wish there could be an option to disable the audio to save CPU when I only use it for sending midi.

acYm wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:38 pm no, no, not instead of using the internal sequencer. driving the internal sequencer timing from midi note input.
What does this mean?

it means you can use your DAW's swing or groove system to apply whatever you want to the midi data that's driving ABL's internal sequencer.

I've made a new skin for ABL3.2 "r4ck5" and it's a cousin to my previous silverbox3-skins (yes I'm lazy). Remember trying out the The "sticker" on/off feature in ABL3, makes it easier on the eyes with my skins.

Since it's now starting to be quite a collection I setup a small web site. You find download and instructions for install here: http://bit.ly/ABL32-skins

R4CK5

SilverBox3

SilverBox 3 - Gray

SilverBox 3 - Blue

SilverBox 3 - Green

AluBox

DarkBox

Return to “Instruments”