If I buy a Focusrite product, could I get Fabfilter ProQ3 at a low price ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pm Link?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=262178&p=7470727&h ... a#p7470727

I posted the wrong code, it was limited use I assumed because it was no longer working it was used up, later realised my mistake, posted the proper code, angry child then calls me a douchebag for making the mistake, I call him rude, he then gets banned for whatever he replied to me with and now has an ever lasting vendetta against me. Clearly has no life if a random person on the internet making a single mistake of posting an incorrect code for a deal to then post the correct code later causes him/her to have such pent up angst against them months later, maybe they should see a psychologist for their issues ?

Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pm Yeah, it was a 25% discount - no different to Fabfilter's own sales. Still expensive when other viable options are available at a fraction of the price.

How about Toneboosters EQ4?

jbarish wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:05 pm Well at least you're now admitting your idiotic blunder. Before your response was the code must've expired. Moron.
Link?

Unless the thread is spectacular, you might be over-reacting just a touch.
People make mistakes. That's not the issue. but when I asked this genius why the code he posted didn't work, instead of checking to make sure he posted the right code, his reply was that it must've expired. That's the idiocy of which I speak.

jbarish wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:16 pm People make mistakes. That's not the issue. but when I asked this genius why the code he posted didn't work, instead of checking to make sure he posted the right code, his reply was that it must've expired. That's the idiocy of which I speak.
People make mistakes.
Then its time for forgiveness.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

jbarish wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:16 pm
Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pm Yeah, it was a 25% discount - no different to Fabfilter's own sales. Still expensive when other viable options are available at a fraction of the price.

How about Toneboosters EQ4?

jbarish wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:05 pm Well at least you're now admitting your idiotic blunder. Before your response was the code must've expired. Moron.
Link?

Unless the thread is spectacular, you might be over-reacting just a touch.
People make mistakes. That's not the issue. but when I asked this genius why the code he posted didn't work, instead of checking to make sure he posted the right code, his reply was that it must've expired. That's the idiocy of which I speak.
well as I see it that's not part of this discussion so it's merely an unwarranted off topic personal attack...so you're right people make mistakes because you too made one...stay out of the thread...end of discussion/.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

mod edit: what part of do not post in this thread again dont you understamnd

Yeah facts can be troubling. Here's one for ya. I didn't see your post before posting mine you na...

Digivolt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:02 pm
Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pm Link?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=262178&p=7470727&h ... a#p7470727

I posted the wrong code, it was limited use I assumed because it was no longer working it was used up, later realised my mistake, posted the proper code, angry child then calls me a douchebag for making the mistake, I call him rude, he then gets banned for whatever he replied to me with and now has an ever lasting vendetta against me. Clearly has no life if a random person on the internet making a single mistake of posting an incorrect code for a deal to then post the correct code later causes him/her to have such pent up angst against them months later, maybe they should see a psychologist for their issues ?
Yeah. I don't see that as a big deal either.

I give it one "meh" out of five.

But I will be cross-referencing all your posts from now on. :D

dont bother
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:48 pmdont bother
Yeah. Sorry, Hink. I started writing my reply before all of the above that I see happened.

All I wanted was to suggest was an alternative EQ but the interesting behaviour was interesting.

I don't know if the Plugin Alliance Focusrite console channel is free to new purchasers of Clarett and Red devices but that might be better incentive than Pro Q3. Depends on your needs, of course.

I've yet to venture away from Focusrite since around 2004 - other than a stop-gap purchase of a cheap Mackie which I needed for a couple of weeks whilst I switched from Firewire to USB. For the price, the preamps are great and the output sound quality is good. Very happy with my Clarett 2Pre purchase - it easily gets down to 2ms of latency when tracking at 48kHz on a Ryzen 1700x.

no problem

Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:05 pm Very happy with my Clarett 2Pre purchase - it easily gets down to 2ms of latency when tracking at 48kHz on a Ryzen 1700x.
The Clarett 2Pre usb is what I am eyeing. I might make my decision around Black Friday. I'm hoping it will come down 30% or so.
Otherwise I might consider the Audient id14 which apparently is the same in terms of performance, sound quality etc.

MasterTuner wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:11 pm
Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:05 pm Very happy with my Clarett 2Pre purchase - it easily gets down to 2ms of latency when tracking at 48kHz on a Ryzen 1700x.
The Clarett 2Pre usb is what I am eyeing. I might make my decision around Black Friday. I'm hoping it will come down 30% or so.
Otherwise I might consider the Audient id14 which apparently is the same in terms of performance, sound quality etc.
Yeah. I got a good deal on mine at the time. Black Friday isn't too far off now anyway.

If you have the cash, I would also consider RME interfaces. I almost went with a Babyface but decided that the trade-off in converter quality wasn't worth the extra few hundred. The Clarett is more than good enough.

Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:16 pm If you have the cash, I would also consider RME interfaces. I almost went with a Babyface but decided that the trade-off in converter quality wasn't worth the extra few hundred. The Clarett is more than good enough.
I did consider the Babyface, but at twice the price not convinced enough.
Was the last BF discount about 30% on the Clarett 2Pre - bringing it down to about $380 ?

MasterTuner wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:23 pm
Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:16 pm If you have the cash, I would also consider RME interfaces. I almost went with a Babyface but decided that the trade-off in converter quality wasn't worth the extra few hundred. The Clarett is more than good enough.
I did consider the Babyface, but at twice the price not convinced enough.
Was the last BF discount about 30% on the Clarett 2Pre - bringing it down to about $380 ?
Just went to look it up for you. I'm based in the UK and paid £259, in early November, before the Black Friday sales.

Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:36 pm Just went to look it up for you. I'm based in the UK and paid £259, in early November, before the Black Friday sales.
thanks, appreciate it. thats about $360, a 35% discount then. Quite substantial.

Return to “Effects”