Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Nucleus FREE until September 15th + song contest!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cherry Audio Voltage Modular FREE this month + song contest!

Hi all,

As a long time participant in the wonderful One Synth Challenge, I’m always on the lookout for free synths to use for the contest. It came to my attention that Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Nucleus is FREE until September 15th. Unfortunately, that will probably mean it can’t be used for a O.S.C., since it won’t be freely available for all to get after this month. So @Lempface and I thought it would be a great idea to run a contest concurrently following the basic spirit of the O.S.C.: create an original track with all sound originating from the synth. However, we’re allowing all effects - both free and commercial, sampling of the synth, and mangling afterwards. Basically do whatever you want, as long as all audio sources originate from the synth.

Rules
  • All sounds must originate from Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Nucleus (no paid modules)
  • Submit tracks by posting to the KVR thread before October 1, 2019
  • Voting will run for 15 days afterwards
  • Must vote to be ranked in the results
  • You must be willing provide a DAW project file to admins upon request for rule validation purposes; it will be deleted after inspection
  • Must be an original track (e.g. no covers)
Prizes
  • Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums (a $200 value)
  • More incoming!
So go get Voltage Modular before the end of the month! You can get it easily from Cherry Audio or Plugin Boutique.

You can join the One Synth Challenge Slack workspace (here to sign up) and the KVR thread about this contest.

Hope to hear your tracks!
Last edited by z.prime on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Join in and head to the slack channel #one_slack_challenge. Looking forward to your entries!

I'm in ! This looks fun. I love modular synth. I hope I'll have the time to get into it, since September will be busy.

Yeah, a quick test drive seems that this thing is pretty okay on the CPU and sounds great, too. I expect some great entries!

Hey ! Is it possible to make some polyphony, or is it possible only with the paid only version?

diaseis wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:23 am Hey ! Is it possible to make some polyphony, or is it possible only with the paid only version?
I think this may be a limitation of the free version :(
But there area always tried and true one-synth-challenge ways to make polyphony using piz midiPolyphony, channel filters, and multiple instances. However, we're not being as restrictive so you can also go and sample a note and load it in a sampler, for example.

diaseis wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:23 am Hey ! Is it possible to make some polyphony, or is it possible only with the paid only version?
The paid version have some poly modules but yeah you can't do it outta the box w/ Nucleus.

What I've done in the past for instance, to make a polyphonic Monark, is to load up several instances in a plugin host and use pizmid polyphony plugin to allocate the voices to multiple instances of Voltage.

You could use Imageline Minihost Modular for free, or if you already have Plogue Bidule, DDMF Metaplugin, Bluecat Patchworks or something similar that would work too. If you need more help let me know and I can share an example with you.

Looks like Cherry decided to extend the free promotion until Sept. 15th, so get it while you can and join in on our friendly competition!

Супер
:phones:

I'm in!!!

All in :band2:

Lempface wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 am
The paid version have some poly modules but yeah you can't do it outta the box w/ Nucleus.

What I've done in the past for instance, to make a polyphonic Monark, is to load up several instances in a plugin host and use pizmid polyphony plugin to allocate the voices to multiple instances of Voltage.

You could use Imageline Minihost Modular for free, or if you already have Plogue Bidule, DDMF Metaplugin, Bluecat Patchworks or something similar that would work too. If you need more help let me know and I can share an example with you.
Hey ! Thanks for the answer ! I had a lot of work so I didn't get to try out all that. But today I have some time so I tried something which doesn't work but I think I'm close. I believe I should just set all the MIDI channels apart into different Voltage modular instances. I don't know how to do it though :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diaseis wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:26 amBut today I have some time so I tried something which doesn't work but I think I'm close. I believe I should just set all the MIDI channels apart into different Voltage modular instances. I don't know how to do it though :dog:
You can use an intermediate track in Live with piz midiChannelFilter for each voice before routing the midi to that VM instance.
EDIT: oops didn't look at the pic :dog: ; in minihost modular, just add a piz midiChannelFilter before each VM.
Last edited by z.prime on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

z.prime wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:54 pm in minihost modular, just add a midiChannelFilter before each VM.
That works perfectly thank you so much !

My entry : https://soundcloud.com/jruegg/jruegg-undercharged
Live set here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KVqrmE ... sp=sharing

Drums where resampled, and then further shaped inside Live's simpler, The clap was a noise burst with volume automation to get it right, and then layered.

Heavy usage of :
- Izotope Trash
- Tritik echorus
- Tone2 Warmverb
- OTT :hyper:

The glitch sounds, where made from 2 takes of a bass (which had a lot of processing on it), and then some sections where Time Stretched/Pitch Shifted.

Everything else is just Voltage Modular trough lot's of FXs (no resampling)
For the polyphony 6 layers where loaded inside Mutools Mux, using the note dispatcher module.

Mix could be much better, but I ran out of time.
Enjoy!

Return to “Music Cafe”