So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
50126 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:21 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:12 am
Trolls cause declarations of love :love:
because they're sexy :love:

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
3199 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:22 am

Image

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
50126 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:23 am

:lol:
not dildo swaggins?

User avatar
CrystalWizard
KVRian
797 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbiti sw usa

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 am

Shilling, i’d say. Nice try, use GR a lot. I also like the EH clones of delay and flanging. The amp and cabinet models could use an update but i use them on non guitar signals. A few more bass amp/cabs would be nice.
All in all a satisfied user of GR here, definitely not jumping to anything IK.
Oh, and tell “everyone” i said hi.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

escalona
KVRist
493 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:47 am

I think NI Guitar Rig is now as good as it was 5 years ago... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

reggie1979
KVRian
1401 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am

escalona wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:47 am
I think NI Guitar Rig is now as good as it was 5 years ago... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

:lol:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
50126 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:58 am

:hihi:
cant argue with that!

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4240 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:22 pm

My Jaguar E Type is sixty years old and is still an adorable thing...

reggie1979
KVRian
1401 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Man, that must set you back a lot in maintenance.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
3199 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:28 pm

martinjuenke wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:22 pm
My Jaguar E Type is sixty years old and is still an adorable thing...
And it hasn't been replaced with a Kia Sorento, which is so much better because it was more recently updated...? :hihi:

User avatar
CrystalWizard
KVRian
797 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbiti sw usa

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Other than one update to the complete Komplete i haven’t spent anything maintaining GR, unlike my not 60 year old toyota.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6864 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:36 pm

I wish I liked Guitar Rig as much as Amplitube, given that I own it with Komplete since forever, and I really like the interface. Cool assortment of pedals too but it's been quite some time since I've used it for actual Guitar Amp simulation.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4240 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:36 pm
I wish I liked Guitar Rig as much as Amplitube, given that I own it with Komplete since forever, and I really like the interface. Cool assortment of pedals too but it's been quite some time since I've used it for actual Guitar Amp simulation.
https://youtu.be/F0lZZJapHm8

hlecram
KVRist
91 posts since 11 Jul, 2016

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:45 pm

I remember devs commenting on this topic in the ni Forum. The gr codebase is pretty old by now and there is no appropriate way to enhance its possibilities in the current state. In order to make „the next big step“ there is a major overhaul required which could take a considerable amount of time...
don’t nail me on that, but i vaguely remember that some guys of ni hinted that the devs will focus on gr after massive x, but I can be totally off. :roll:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
50126 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:48 pm

martinjuenke wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:44 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:36 pm
I wish I liked Guitar Rig as much as Amplitube, given that I own it with Komplete since forever, and I really like the interface. Cool assortment of pedals too but it's been quite some time since I've used it for actual Guitar Amp simulation.
https://youtu.be/F0lZZJapHm8
yup, they used it from rubber soul onwards.

Return to “Effects”