Any love for Dmitry Sches Thorn?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hey,

Any love here for Dmitry Sches Thorn?

Great synth, but not for me. You can buy my license if you like :D

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 pm Great synth, but not for me. You can buy my license if you like :D
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=530792

I use it less than i thought i would, but i still think its great. DS makes some really nice sounding built in effects. The glitch sequencer is lots of fun when it fits in the type of track youre making

Love the CM version, which is cut down. I've considered getting the full one, but as it is I haven't been finding time to sit down and explore the synths I DO have....

Thorn has a cool edgy sound that differs a bit from the other stuff I have, and I found the sequencer/arp sections pretty easy to use. Mostly I use it for arps.

Where does this "any love" question come from and wtf does it even mean? Is that just reddit leaking?

psynical wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:47 pm Where does this "any love" question come from and wtf does it even mean? Is that just reddit leaking?
"DAE upboats for DS Thorn :)"

Lol

Yes
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Any love here for Dmitry Sches' thorn?
Do i have to be concerned now? :o

Not since it moved to PA, it has had no updates and no love.
PA is truly the graveyard for the development of plug ins.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

you load it up in your FLS 69 (or whatever ver its up to) press some keys on your controller,
it makes noise like a billion other vsti's. i need more than that to nurture real love.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by layzer on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Stokely wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm Thorn has a cool edgy sound that differs a bit from the other stuff I have
stick an EQ after your other stuff and boost the nerve jarring 5khz frequency
24db or so, they will sound just as edgy. :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The question was about love not about “I don’t care”. Actually only the 64-bit version in 96 kHz is the real Thorn...
I love Thorn, never got that edgy sound out of my piano by boosting that jarry 5kHz...
But I’ll upgrade to PA only if it supports MPE...

layzer wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:30 am
Stokely wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm Thorn has a cool edgy sound that differs a bit from the other stuff I have
stick an EQ after your other stuff and boost the nerve jarring 5khz frequency
24db or so, they will sound just as edgy. :idea:
You tell 'em! 8)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”