Amplitube Listing of Gear

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to get acclimated to the new Amplitube and what it includes (or doesn't include). When I browse on their AT4 "gear" page and filter, I am seeing lots of stuff, and based on the stomp box list, what is being listed is everything that you "could" get, not what is just included in AT 4 when you buy it on its own. It has the new Red Special stop boxes and what not. I guess the same applies to the racks listing. That's a bit sneaking IMO.

Is there a list of what is actually included in only AT 4 if you don't get the extra expansions?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... box-return
Last edited by telecode on Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I don’t know if there is. I think this has been a complaint from users for years, but IK doesn’t seem to want to listen.

It's a bit odd that AT4 itself is not listed in the first drop-down filter list. But the gear in AT4 is bullet-pointed at the top of this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Lots of 'Hyper-Realistic' stuff in there!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Oops, I think I answered my own question. The section I am looking at is called "Other Included Gear" which is the extra stuff you can get for AT 4.

What got me confused was I got Fender Collections 2 and Fulltone -- but then I kept seeing Fender Racks and couldn't figure out where they were. The Fender stomp boxes and racks are part of the Fender Collections 1 which I didn't get. Now I get it. Fender Collections 2 just has the amps and cabs only. Duhh.. :dog:

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Bombadil wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:07 pm Lots of 'Hyper-Realistic' stuff in there!
I dont know yet. I played around with Fender Collections 2 and Fulltone last night a bit. To my ears is sounds "sort of real" but for anyone familiar with what they can sound like, its not quite there.

I was mocking the hyperbole. :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but some answers here. It covers the difference between the free version and the paid version (with no extras). It may be out of date, but my understanding is that IK don't retro-fit the bundles to include new gear, meaning that MAX is really just everything that was available a while back, not everything that is available. But you need to manually figure out what isn't included.

I'm not sure why IK Multimedia want to make this so convoluted, a simple matrix overview of the products would save each user from trying to figure this out themselves - and from giving up in frustration at the complete lack of transparency. It's practically impossible to make an informed purchase decision, which is why I never bought into Amplitube.

We list specifically what is in AmpliTube 4 via the "Gear" link on its product page. Click Gear (or visit https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear directly) and you'll see at the top of the page:
What's inside

AmpliTube 4 all about hyper-realistic tone and hyper-realistic playing feel.

You get:
  • 10 Stompbox Models – Acoustic Sim, Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ, Volume Pedal (can be controlled by external controller)
  • 9 Amplifiers – 5 Classic British Amps: Brit 8000, Brit 9000, Red Pig, Brit Silver and Brit Valve Pre, plus American Tube Clean 1, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp
  • 10 Cabinets – 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Brit 9000, 4x12 Red Pig, 4x12 Brit Silver, 4x12 Brit 30, 4x10 Open Vintage, 1x12 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1, 1x15 Bass Vintage
  • 29 vintage and modern individual speaker models
  • 4 Microphones – Double Dynamic 57, Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87
  • 2 Rack Effects Units – Digital Delay & Parametric EQ
  • 2 Tuners – UltraTuner plus a Fully chromatic rack tuner
If you currently own any versions of AmpliTube, all of your gear can be integrated into AmpliTube 4 by using the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop. Plus, you can add any gear to your virtual guitar/bass rig at any time, day or night, with just a few simple clicks of your mouse.
Seems pretty clear and specific to me, then you can use the interface below that to check what is available otherwise. It also explains what's new in AmpliTube 4 right below the above...

And mock all you want, you may get a chuckle or two on a forum but we're a business and businesses use marketing. It's not exactly shocking, and realism is something that we're known for - and why we're sought after directly by many of the manufacturers and artists whose gear we've modeled (we should probably market that more too - how we're often the ones approached based on reputation, and people knowing about our products through - gasp, you guessed it - marketing).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:10 pm We list specifically what is in AmpliTube 4 via the "Gear" link on its product page. Click Gear (or visit https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear directly) and you'll see at the top of the page:
What's inside

AmpliTube 4 all about hyper-realistic tone and hyper-realistic playing feel.

You get:
  • 10 Stompbox Models – Acoustic Sim, Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ, Volume Pedal (can be controlled by external controller)
  • 9 Amplifiers – 5 Classic British Amps: Brit 8000, Brit 9000, Red Pig, Brit Silver and Brit Valve Pre, plus American Tube Clean 1, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp
  • 10 Cabinets – 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Brit 9000, 4x12 Red Pig, 4x12 Brit Silver, 4x12 Brit 30, 4x10 Open Vintage, 1x12 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1, 1x15 Bass Vintage
  • 29 vintage and modern individual speaker models
  • 4 Microphones – Double Dynamic 57, Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87
  • 2 Rack Effects Units – Digital Delay & Parametric EQ
  • 2 Tuners – UltraTuner plus a Fully chromatic rack tuner
If you currently own any versions of AmpliTube, all of your gear can be integrated into AmpliTube 4 by using the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop. Plus, you can add any gear to your virtual guitar/bass rig at any time, day or night, with just a few simple clicks of your mouse.
Seems pretty clear and specific to me, then you can use the interface below that to check what is available otherwise. It also explains what's new in AmpliTube 4 right below the above...

And mock all you want, you may get a chuckle or two on a forum but we're a business and businesses use marketing. It's not exactly shocking, and realism is something that we're known for - and why we're sought after directly by many of the manufacturers and artists whose gear we've modeled (we should probably market that more too - how we're often the ones approached based on reputation, and people knowing about our products through - gasp, you guessed it - marketing).
Thanks for the reply Peter. This explains it well.

And mock all you want...
Maybe you shouldn't reply that
I like Amplitube a lot and I sometimes mock of IK Multimedia marketing too. :hihi:
everybody dies but not everybody truly lives

matv wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:38 pm
And mock all you want...
I will. Not that I need your permission.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:10 pm
matv wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:38 pm
And mock all you want...
I will. Not that I need your permission.
given the recent brian may release, im disappointed in you.

"we will, we will mock you! mock you! singing we will, we will mock you! mock you baybay!" :hihi:

:hihi:

My brain is on my piece of wood.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:42 pm

"we will, we will mock you! mock you! singing we will, we will mock you! mock you baybay!" :hihi:
:dog: :hihi:

Return to “Guitars”