VST with good wave shaping?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I make a lot of game music with very basic sounds. Right now I use Sytrus a lot since it has fairly decent wave options.

However, it has some disadvantages (Re-trigger options for example). Also, as good as it's wave shaping is, I wonder if there's anything better. It feels difficult to get some waveforms, and I don't like relying on external files.

Wiggle (it's on sale for $19 right now at plugin boutique)

Z3TA+ and Wiggle (on sale for $19 at PB) have a ridiculous number of waveshaping options.

I second zeta+

Also Audjoo Helix and Sonic Lion Nitrox
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, for that kind of waveshaping z3ta+ and Helix are top candidates.

Bonus: z3ta+ even allows you to export the shaped waveform to WAV.

That way you can use it in other instruments that support WAVs.

(Rapture for instance.)

Wave shaping is something different than designing a waveform. It has to do with distorting a signal.

I believe the king of waveform manipulation right now would be either Serum or Hive 2 (if you learn how to use uhm scripts).

Icarus does come with a wide range of 'Morph' modes. They allow to alter the waveform in many different ways

Z3ta is still king at this.Wiggle is ok i guess but i generally don't like its sound engine and the waveshaping is not as extensive as Z3ta.even to this day i am still looking for a reason to part with Z3ta (original RGC Audio version)and it hasn't happened yet,nor has anything came along that would make me do so

If waveshaping is what you desire then Z3ta is what you need.i think Fathom Pro can do a lot of this stuff too,but its not as intuitive as Z3ta
I

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:39 am Icarus does come with a wide range of 'Morph' modes. They allow to alter the waveform in many different ways
Is that multiple morphs,or how it is implemented in most wavetable synths,and is a singular morph/transform e.g sync,"bend" etc?the thing with Z3ta is you can move both its X-Y axis in realtime whilst also applying 16 predefined(but very useful)waveshaping transforms across 6 oscillators all at the same time(in realtime also) and per oscillator unison,sync,rm,fm and pm on top of all the waveshaping transform/functions
I

Zebra 2 or Waverazor are not cheap, but they have a lot of wave shaping options.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

TIMT wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:56 am
Markus Krause wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:39 am Icarus does come with a wide range of 'Morph' modes. They allow to alter the waveform in many different ways
Is that multiple morphs,or how it is implemented in most wavetable synths,and is a singular morph/transform e.g sync,"bend" etc?the thing with Z3ta is you can move both its X-Y axis in realtime whilst also applying 16 predefined(but very useful)waveshaping transforms across 6 oscillators all at the same time(in realtime also) and per oscillator unison,sync,rm,fm and pm on top of all the waveshaping transform/functions
Icarus 1.6 comes with 54 different modes to shape the oscillators. Two of these modes are waveshaping types. You can use a triangular waveshaper for all 3 oscs. Or you can use OSC3 to waveshape OSC1 or 2. You can load an unlimited number of waveshapes/waveforms to OSC3 and use the waveform editor to design your own shapes.
The algorithms are 'alias-free' and use up to 1024x oversampling with low CPU load.

But does it have any algorithmical shapers, like the ones you find in z3ta+ and Helix?

z3ta+ for instance has 10+2, i.e. 10 shapers plus HP and LP.

Additionally you can drag the waveform in the waveform window to change it even more.

(Make it wider, narrower, etc., sorta like a 'Super-PWM' that works on any wave.)

Screenshot below shows details.

(Rightclick image and select 'View Image' for full/original size.)

z3ta+ shaper.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That is a lovely skin ENV1 :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:10 am That is a lovely skin ENV1 :tu:
Thanks, glad you like it.

Its been available/public for a few years now, so if you dont have it yet i think you can find it on the product page for z3ta+2 . (Since the page for the original z3ta+ had been removed after the update to 2.)

Return to “Instruments”